Our dangerous drug lawyers handle lawsuits against pharmaceutical companies and drug manufacturers throughout the United States. These cases seek fair compensation to patients who have been harmed by these medications prescribed to them by their physicians. Lawsuits filed against these drug manufacturers can result in significant settlements.
Dangerous drug lawsuits are often the result of a drug that is brought to market and sold to the public too quickly. There can be errors in the testing by the drug manufacturer which do not properly identify the potential or likely risks of the drug before it is sold to the public. Other times, the pharmaceutical companies conceal the dangers from the FDA so that they can get approval to place the drug on the market. The side effects of these drugs can cause serious injury and harm, and in some cases death.
Our dangerous drug lawyers are currently investigating several dangerous drug cases for consumers, including:
- Actos: This drug is prescribed for the treatment of diabetes but has been found to increase the risk of bladder cancer.
- GranuFlo: This drug is used in the dialysis process and has been linked to an increased risk of cardiopulmonary arrest and sudden cardiac death.
- Paxil and other SSRI antidepressants: These medications are anti-depressants which can increase the risk of birth defects, pulmonary hypertension, and other problems in children born to mothers exposed to Paxil. Other drugs including Zoloft, Lexapro and Prozac are also linked to birth defects including heart and lung defects.
- Fosamax: This is a medication prescribed for osteoporosis but has been allegedly linked to femur fractures and bone decay of the jaw.
- Pradaxa: This prescription medication is a blood thinner used for the prevention of strokes and blood clots in patients with abnormal heart rhythm (atrial fibrillation). It has been linked to people suffering from fatal bleeding while on the drug.
- Risperdal: This prescription drug is primarily used for the treatment of psychotic disorders, such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, and to help manage symptoms of irritability in autistic children. Risperdal (risperidone) and many of its generic versions have been linked to serious side effects, including breast development in males (gynecomastia), heart problems, diabetes, stroke, and more.
- Benicar: This prescription medication is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) in children and young adults. It has been known to cause sprue-like enteropathy. Symptoms of this complication include chronic and severe diarrhea and dehydration, which in some cases has caused death.
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy: Several of the leading brands of testosterone replacement, or "Low T" has been linked to health risks and injuries, including stroke, myocardial infarction, heart attack, blood clots, pulmonary embolism (PE), deep vein thrombosis (DVT), and even death.
- Onglyza: This controversial medication has been linked to heart attacks, heart failure and pancreatic cancer. The drug is used to help control blood sugar in type 2 diabetes patients who do not suffer from diabetic ketoacidosis. As of February 2017, approximately 85 Onglyza claims reportedly remain in active litigation.
- Taxotere Chemotherapy Hair Loss: Lawsuits have been filed against the Taxotere drug maker for women who suffered permanent hair loss, or alopecia, after being treated with this cancer medication.
- Nexium: This Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI) is known to cause permanent damage to the kidneys and renal failure
- Abilify: This drug is linked to compulsive behaviors, including compuslive gambling, spending, and eating.
- Hernia Mesh: This controversial medical device intended to treat hernias has been found to cause hernia recurrance.
- Invokana & Invokamet: This drug used to treat type 2 diabetes can have dangerous side effects including diabetic ketoacidosis and kidney failure.
Our No-Fee Promise on Michigan Dangerous Drug Cases
You can afford to have the best dangerous drug law firm on your side. It literally costs nothing to get started and if your case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to get started
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls are always free, forever.
Start Your Michigan Dangerous Drug Claim
Get started on your case now. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. We will contact you shortly.
- Type a chat with our online specialist. A dangerous drug attorney will call you directly.
- Call (800) 606-1717 any time of day to tell us about your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan dangerous drug lawsuits. Find out if you are entiled to a dangerous drug settlement.