The number of recalls due to lead paint found in toys, jewelry, and other children's products keeps growing. Almost all of these products were manufactured in China and imported by large retail stores for sale to the general public. A Yahoo news article today listed the most recent recalls for all of these products, which include:
• About 23,500 more necklaces, bracelets and pendants imported by TOBY N.Y.C. of. The recalled products were sold at T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, A.J. Wright, Cracker Barrel and Shopko stores nationwide from August 2006 through August 2007.
• About 850 children's Spinning Wheel Necklace necklaces, produced by Rhode Island Novelty of http://www.rinovelty.com., R.I.
• Happy Giddy Gardening Tools and Children's Sunny Patch Chairs, imported by. of .
• About 200,000 Thomas and Friends Wood Railway Toys and 800 Britain's "Knights of the Sword" series toys, distributed by http://recalls.rc2.com.., of Oak Brook, Ill.
• About 16,000 children's toy rakes imported by http://www.joann.com/.., of .
• An estimated 10,000 Floor Puppet Theaters produced by Guidecraft Inc., of http://www.guidecraft.com., N.J.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission is tracking all of these products and the recalls. The CPSC website has this information available to the public.