Our wrongful death lawsuit lawyers represent family members of individuals who died due to medical negligence by a hospital, doctor, clinic, or urgent care. We also pursue wrongful death lawsuits against skilled nursing care facilities and assisted living facilities.
All wrongful death lawsuits in Michigan are authorized by the Michigan Wrongful Death Act. This includes a lawsuit for medical errors and mistakes.
The Michigan Wrongful Death Act, MCL § 600.2922, states:
(1) Whenever the death of a person or injuries resulting in death shall be caused by wrongful act, neglect, or fault of another, and the act, neglect, or fault is such as would, if death had not ensued, have entitled the party injured to maintain an action and recover damages, the person who or the corporation that would have been liable, if death had not ensued, shall be liable to an action for damages, notwithstanding the death of the person injured, and although the death was caused under circumstances that constitute a felony.
Wrongful death lawsuits for medical malpractice and medical negligence are filed for a number or reasons. These include, but are not limited to:
- Medical mistakes and errors during surgery
- Misdiagnosis of a life threatening or potential life threatening condition
- Medication errors and mistakes
- Failure to treat and diagnose a condition, like cancer, heart attack or pulmonary embolism
- Falls in hospitals and nursing homes causing death
To determine whether you can pursue a medical malpractice wrongful death lawsuit, our attorneys will obtain and review all of the medical records, the death certificate, and autopsy report (if there was one). We then analyze the chart and discuss the case with a board certified medical experts who advise us whether there is a basis for a lawsuit. If it was determined that a medical mistake caused death, we file a lawsuit on behalf of the family.
Our No Fee Promise For Michigan Medical Malpractice Wrongful Death Lawsuit
We will represent you in a Michigan medical malpractice wrongful death lawsuit under our NO FEE PROMISE. This means that you will not be charged any legal fees whatsoever unless we obtain a settlement or recovery for you. You have absolutely no obligation for legal fees unless we win your case. If we do not obtain a settlement for you, you owe us nothing!
Contact a Michigan Medical Malpractice Wrongful Death Lawsuit Lawyer
For more information on how to file a wrongful death lawsuit, call us now at (800) 606-1717 to speak with one of our experienced Michigan medical malpractice wrongful death lawyers about your case.