Our Michigan medical malpractice lawyers handle medical negligence cases against hospitals. These lawsuits arise when a patient is injured or harmed by a medical error or mistake. In cases involving the death of a patient, we pursue a wrongful death claim for the family.
West Branch Regional Medical Center is a general medical and surgical hospital in West Branch, MI, with 88 beds. It is also accredited by the American Osteopathic Association. Survey data for the latest year available shows that 20,514 patients visited the hospital's emergency room. The hospital had a total of 2,535 admissions. Its physicians performed 816 inpatient and 2,812 outpatient surgeries.
Medical Malpractice Statistics
According to an article, Medical Malpractice Statistics by Abhiji Naik, an estimated 225,000 people die each year from some form of medical malpractice, from incorrect dosages to surgical errors. Out of those deaths, 106,000 is from the negative effects of their medication. Other medical malpractice statistics include:
- A full half of medical malpractice lawsuits are filed against practicing surgeons.
- The ratio between medical malpractice claims is 7.6.:1; for every 7.6 people who suffer injuries due to medical negligence, only one person files a malpractice claim.
- Around 25% of the doctors in the United States get litigated for malpractice.
- In 2010, 19,000 medical malpractice claim payments were made in the United States.
- Medical negligence is the third largest cause of death in the United States.
Most common medical negligence lawsuits against West Branch Regional Medical Center include:
- Anesthesia errors
- Birth Injury
- Medication Errors
- Surgery Mistakes
Contact Your Michigan Medical Malpractice Lawyers Today
Patients who suffer injuries due to medical malpractice should contact the medical malpractice law firm of Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. Call us now at (800) 606-1717 to speak with one of our experienced medical negligence attorneys about your case.