Our Michigan water park accident lawyers represent clients injured at water parks and swimming pools. Although water parks provide great summer fun for families, there are often serious injuries that occur due to lack of proper safety measures. Every year, dozens of injuries from these accidents are reported across the United States. Injuries often occur on slides, inner tubes, and in wave pools.
Water park accidents can cause serious injuries. Children are often the victims of these Michigan water park accidents and suffer the most serious injuries, including brain injuries, broken bones, and even death. Cases involving death give rise to a Michigan wrongful death lawsuit.
Largest Michigan Water Parks
Some of Michigan’s largest amusement water parks include the following:
- Michigan’s Adventure Amusement Park & Wild Water Adventure
- Avalanche Bay Indoor Water Park
- Splash Universe
- Soaring Eagle Water Park & Hotel
- Zehnder's Splash Village
- Battle Creek’s Full Blast Water Park
- Great Wolf Lodge
- Avalanche Bay Indoor Water Park at Boyne Mountain
- Fairview Beachfront Inn & Waterpark
- Gold Rush Waterpark
- Red Oaks Water Park
- Rolling Hills
- Surfari Joe's Indoor Wilderness Water Park
Water Park Safety Tips
Many water park accidents can be avoided. According to the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA), in order to ensure the safety of water-park goers, you and your family should:
- Obey listed age, height, weight, and health restrictions
- Observe all posted safety rules
- Parents with young children should make sure that their children can understand safe and appropriate behavior
- Never force anyone, especially children, to ride water attractions they don’t want to ride
- If you see any unsafe behavior or condition on a ride, report it to a supervisor or manager immediately
- Small children, non-swimmers, and weak swimmers should wear a life vest on water park attractions
- Prevent over-exposure to sun by wearing a hat, applying waterproof sunscreen often, and drinking plenty of fluids
Water Park Safety Resources
For more information on water park safety and how to avoid water accidents, visit these additional resources we've compiled to ensure that your family stays safe this summer:
- Pool Safely
- Buckfire Law's Water Safety Month Tips
- IAAPA's Water Park Safety Tips
- The CDC's Model Aquatic Health Code
Legal Rights After A Michigan Water Park Accident
Water park injuries and drowning deaths may be the fault of the park due to negligence. This can include the failure to properly supervise the area, the improper training of employees, inadequate staffing or lifeguards, the lack of safety equipment, and improper maintenance. A minor lapse in safety can lead to a catastrophic result.
Our attorneys will fully investigate your water park injury case to prove that the incident was preventable if the proper safety measures had been in place. We will get the facility maintenance records, inspection reports, investigation documents, videotapes, and everything else necessary to prove and win your case.
Settlements in water park injury lawsuits include compensation for pain and suffering, scars and disfigurements, disability, medical expenses, and lost wages.
Best Michigan Water Park Accident Lawyers
Our legal team includes the most successful water park injury & accident attorneys in Michigan. Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. and our lawyers have won the top awards in the legal profession, including:
- U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms
- "Best Michigan Personal Injury Attorney" by American Lawyer Academy
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Michigan
- Honored as "Super Lawyers"
- Top Martindale-Hubbell Rating (AV) for Skill & Integrity
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Our No-Fee Promise on Michigan Water Park Injury Cases
We do not charge you anything to get started on your recreational injury case. We promise you in writing:
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls are always free, forever.
Start Your Michigan Water Park Injury Claim
There are three ways to get started on your case. You can:
- Chat with our online operator and an experienced personal injury lawyer will call you shortly.
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. We will call you shortly.
- Call (800) 606-1717 any time of day to tell us about your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan water park injury lawsuits.