Vaginal rejuvenation lawsuit attorneys are currently representing patients who have suffered pain, burns, scars and other complications or problems from the medical procedure.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is warning several companies that manufacture laser devices to stop marketing them for a procedure known as "vaginal rejuvenation," claiming they are dangerous and could increase the risk of significant health risks.
According to the New York Times, manufacturers have been heavily promoting the lasers for symptoms related to vaginal atrophy, menopause, urinary incontinence and sexual function. Cosmetic, spa treatments using laser and other products for vaginal health have also become popular among younger women.
"These products have serious risks and don’t have adequate evidence to support their use for these purposes," said Dr. Scott Gottlieb, the FDA commissioner. "We are deeply concerned women are being harmed."
What Is Vaginal Rejuvenation Surgery?
The term "vaginal rejuvenation" is a blanket term that covers a number of different procedures. Surgeons use a laser, radiofrequency waves, cryotherapy, or other devices to tighten vaginal tissues. Among the processes are classified as:
- Vaginal rejuvenation is labiaplasty
- Clitoral hood reduction
- Labia majoraplasty
- Monsplasty and vaginoplasty
Vaginal Rejuvenation May Also Be Referred To As:
- Female genital plastic surgery
- Female genital rejuvenation surgery
- Female genital cosmetic surgery
- Vulvovaginal plastic surgery
- Designer vagina surgery
Companies Warned By FDA About Vaginal Rejuvenation
The FDA sent warning letters to the following seven companies for illegally promoting their devices for unapproved treatments:
- Inmode MD, Inc. — (FormaV and FractoraV lasers)
- Sciton, Inc. — (JOULE Multi-Platform System)
- Alma Lasers — (FemiLift, Pixel CO2 Laser System)
- Thermigen, Inc — (THERMIva)
- BTL Aesthetics — (Venus Fiore RF Ablation System)
- BTL Industries, Inc — (Exilis Ultra 360 System)
- Cynosure, Inc — (MonaLisa Touch, DEKA Smart Xide Laser System)
Most Common Vaginal Rejuvenation Surgery Side Effects
- Vaginal burns
- Significant chronic pain
- Pain with sexual intercourse
- Numbness or loss of sensation
Vaginal Rejuvenation Lawsuit Eligibility & Criteria For Filing Claim
- The patient must have experienced vaginal rejuvenation surgery side effects such as vaginal burns, scarring and significant chronic pain.
- The patient must have seen a physician for the injuries within days of the procedure and after receiving treatment.
Can I File A Vaginal Rejuvenation Surgery Lawsuit?
Our award-winning vaginal rejuvenation attorneys can help you if you were harmed by a vaginal rejuvenation device that caused scarring, vaginal burns, and significant chronic pain after your treatment.
We do not charge any legal fees unless you receive a settlement, and we pay all of the case costs.
When we take on a case, we handle it from start to finish. We work hard to get you the compensation you deserve.
Statute Of Limitations For Vaginal Rejuvenation Lawsuits
The statute of limitations in these type of cases varies from state to state. According to Michigan Comp Laws §600.5801, the statutes of limitations for defective medical device lawsuits are as follows:
- Personal Injury: 3 years
- Products Liability: 3 years
If you miss a deadline your case will be lost forever. It is essential that you contact a lawyer immediately to discuss your case so that your claim is not barred due to time limitations.
Our No-Fee Promise On Vaginal Rejuvenation Surgery Cases
You can afford to have our great team of lawyers on your side. When you choose us, it literally costs nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
- No money to get started
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free
Contact Our Vaginal Rejuvenation Lawsuit Lawyers & Start Your Claim
Our vaginal rejuvenation lawyers will help you file your lawsuit. There are three ways to get started on your case:
Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page and we will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online intake specialist and we will call you for more information.
- Call (800) 606-1717 any time of day to tell us about your case.
We will listen to your story and answer your questions. If you have a claim, we will start immediately.
WARNING: There are strict time deadlines for filing Vaginal Rejuvenation lawsuit claims. Contact our defective medical device attorneys and find out if you are entitled to a settlement.