Our Michigan dog bite lawyers represent victims of dog bites and attacks throughout the entire state. The results of a dog bite and even scratches from a dog attack often leave permanent scars and disfigurement. We suggest that you take photos of your injuries after an attack as these are valuable evidence when you seek compensation for your dog bite claim.
A major claim in any dog bite lawsuit is for the visible scars and disfigurements that result from the attack. Scars are often located in conspicuous areas, like the face or arms, and can result in the need for plastic surgery or procedures by a dermatologist. Pictures of these injuries are the best evidence to prove the serious nature of the damages suffered by the dog bite victim.
To best demonstrate the insurance adjuster or a jury if your case goes to trial, we suggest taking the following types of photos:
- Photos taken immediately after the dog bite to demonstrate the severity of the injuries. These show the pain and suffering caused by the attack and what the skin looked like before medical treatment.
- Photos taken at the hospital immediately after treatment has been provided. These show the pain and suffering caused by the treatment itself and what the condition looked like before the healing process began.
- Photos taken just after any plastic surgery or other treatment.
- Photos taken during the entire healing process, even over a lengthy period of time. The dog bite victim is entitled to compensation for every stage of the healing process and even if the appearance of the scar greatly improves over time, this does not minimize the impact of the scar over time.
- Photos taken just before a mediation or settlement meeting. These demonstrate the maximum improvement of the injury.
It is also beneficial to obtain photos of the person before the attack happened. This provides the best evidence of the “before” and “after” the dog bite. This is powerful evidence to establish the damages that should be paid to compensate the victim.
We suggest that you take a large number of photographs at every stage of the process. Our dog bite lawyers frequently hire a professional photographer to take photos using the best camera equipment available to best document the injuries of our client. This has assisted us in obtaining significant dog bite settlements and jury verdicts for our clients.
Contact Our Michigan Dog Bite Lawyers
Even if you are contemplating whether to file a dog bite claim, you should take photos of the injuries immediately after the bite and throughout the entire healing process. The sooner you contact our office after a dog bite, the sooner we will be able to best document your damages to win you the highest compensation for your claim. Call our expert legal team today at (800) 606-1717 so that we can start working on your case.
We do not charge any legal fees to get started on your case. This is gauranteed by our No Fee Promise. Only after you receive your settlement check will you be responsible for payment. If your dog bite claim is unsuccessful for any reason, you will owe us nothing. There is nothing to lose so call our award winning team of dog bite lawyers today!