Our Port Huron nursing home abuse lawyers represent nursing home residents and their families in lawsuits against nursing homes and residential care facilities. There are strict laws and regulations to protect the safety and welfare of these residents. Unfortunately, nursing home patients do not always receive appropriate care and the results can be severe and are often deadly.
When an elderly person moves into a nursing home, the family places a tremendous amount of trust in the facility and its staff. If the patient is injured or dies due to improper treatment and neglect, that person or his or her family should explore taking action against the facility.
Causes of Port Huron Nursing Home Abuse
Our expert attorneys pursue cases for many different causes of nursing home abuse and neglect. These include:
- Failure to turn or move immobile patients
- Failure to bathe patients
- Failure to supervise patients in baths and showers
- Failure to monitor nutrition and hydration/malnutrition
- Failure to use bed rails
- Verbal abuse of residents
- Failure to supervise patients
- Failure to train staff properly
- Patients wandering away from the facility
- Reduced staff-patient ratios
Port Huron Nursing Home & Assisted Living Facilities
There are a number of skilled nursing care facilities and assisted living facilities in the Port Huron area. in the City of Port Huron. These include the following:
- Marwood Manor Nursing Home, Port Huron, Michigan
- Lake Huron Woods, Fort Gratiot, Michigan
- Blue Water Lodge, Fort Gratiot, Michigan
- Medilodge of Port Huron, Fort Gratiot, Michigan
- Porthaven Manor, Port Huron, Michigan
- Sanborn Gratiot Memorial Assisted Living, Port Huron, Michigan
Port Huron Nursing Home Abuse Symptoms
The Port Huron nursing home abuse lawyers at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C., recommend that families be alert to these signs of nursing home abuse:
- Medication Errors
- Pressure sores and bed sores
- Infections, including gangrene
- Unexplained falls resulting in broken bones
- Fractures (frequently hips)
- Debicutus Ulcers
- Withdrawal, failure to speak, or
- Unusual fears
- Residents wandering away from the facility
Legal Rights After A Port Huron Nursing Home Injury
Patients and their families can file civil lawsuits seeking money compensation for the injuries suffered due to nursing home neglect and abuse. In situations in which a patient dies due to the negligence of the facility, the family can file a Michigan wrongful death claim for the loss of their loved one.
Free Michigan Nursing Home Injury Book
If you would like more information about your legal rights after a Michigan nursing home or assisted living injury, you can order our FREE book, "The Michigan Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Handbook," by top-rated Michigan assisted living injury lawyer Lawrence J. Buckfire. The book is an insider's report on assisted living neglect claims and includes why most assisted living injuries are never reported or discovered. Our book sells for $14.95 on Amazon but Lawrence will send it to you for FREE!
No Fees Unless You Win A Port Huron Nursing Home Abuse Settlement
We do not charge any legal fees unless we are able to get you a settlement. We also pay all case costs and expenses. If your case is unsuccessful for any reason whatsoever, you will owe us nothing. We put that in writing for you.
Contact Our Port Huron Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
If a loved one has suffered abuse or neglect in an Port Huron nursing home, it is important you contact our law firm today at (800) 606-1717. We will listen to your story, get the medical records, and start working on your case immediately.