Our Port Huron car accident lawyers can help you if you or someone you care about was injured in an auto accident. We are lawyers that specialize in motor vehicle and car crash cases that cause serious injuries to drivers and passengers.
For almost 50 years, we have protected the rights of auto accident injury victims helping them receive justice and win the maximum settlement for their injuries. This includes claims for both personal injuries against the negligent driver and for Michigan no-fault insurance benefits against the insurance company responsible for paying your medical bills, lost wages and other benefits.
What Are Port Huron's Most Dangerous Intersections?
We handle all Port Huron cases involving all motor vehicle accidents, including cars, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, and pedestrian accidents. These crashes occur on the streets, highways, sidewalks and even in parking lots, however the most common area where fatal car accidents take place is at an intersection.
According to City-Data statistics, the most dangerous intersections in Port Huron, Michigan for car accidents include:
- M 25 at Krafft Road
- Hancock Street at Pine Grove Ave
- Pine Grove Ave at Holland Ave
- 10th Street at Lapeer Ave
- Pine Grove Ave at 10th Ave
- 24th Street at Lapeer Ave
- Pine Grove Ave at Riverside Drive
- 10th Ave at Lyon Street
- I 69 BL at 24th Street
- Pine Grove Ave at Harker Street
How to Get a Port Huron Traffic Accident Report
As part of any Port Huron car accident case or any Michigan auto insurance claim, it is necessary to obtain the police traffic accident report. These reports are available to you by simply contacting the police agency and requesting the report. There is usually a fee for the report. If you choose us to represent you in your case, we will get and pay for the report and then provide you with your own copy.
For a motor vehicle crash that occurred in Port Huron, you can request the traffic crash report at the following location:
Port Huron Police Department
100 Mcmorran Boulevard
Port Huron, MI 48060
If your Port Huron car accident was investigated by the Michigan State Police, you can order the Michigan Traffic Crash Report online.
How Our Lawyers Help You After a Port Huron Car Accident
The Michigan No-Fault Insurance laws are confusing. You need to know your legal rights after a Port Huron car accident.
When you choose us for your car accident case, we will:
- Get the accident report, witness statements, and full police investigation file
- Get all of your medical records, hospital records, and treatment records
- Deal directly with your auto insurance company adjuster for you
- Provide you with advice on your Mini-Tort property damage claim
- Submit all of your claims for medical bills, lost wages, and other no-fault insurance benefits
- Communicate with the insurance adjuster to make sure all benefits have been paid
- Determine the insurance policy limits for every possible insurer
- File a lawsuit against the negligent driver that caused your accident
- Sue the negligent driver, owner of the car, and insurance company for your pain and suffering compensation
- Negotiate with the insurance adjusters for you
- Get you the best car accident settlement for your pain and suffering as well as any additional compensation
Common Port Huron Car Accident Injuries
There are close to 300,000 auto accidents in Michigan every year. Many of these result in serious injuries and death. More than 800 people died in fatal car accidents in Michigan in 2014. Almost 5,000 accident victims suffered incapacitating injuries that required hospitalization and prevented them from work and normal activities.
Our auto accident attorneys represent clients with all types pain and suffering injuries after a serious auto accident. These include traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, broken bones, back and neck injuries, knee injuries, shoulder injuries, scars, and all other serious injuries. In case involving a fatal car accident in Port Huron, we will file a Michigan Wrongful Death claim on behalf of the family.
What Factors Determine Port Huron Car Accident Settlements & Compensation?
There are a number of factors that determine the amount of a Port Huron car accident settlement. Every case and every injury victim is different, so there is not set formula to determine the right amount of the settlement. Accident victims can claim a personal injury settlement that include compensation for these types of damages:
- Pain & Suffering (at the time of the accident and going into the future)
- Fright & Shock
- Psychological Injuries (like PTSD & depression)
- Scars & Permanent Disfigurements
- Disability from Work & Activities
- Loss of Income & Wages (past, present, & future)
- Bystander Claims (witnessing a family member injured in an accident)
- Death (filing a Wrongful Death Lawsuit)
How Much Are Port Huron Car Accident Settlements?
The amount of compensation for a Port Huron auto accident depends on a number of factors. These include:
- Which driver was at fault for the accident
- How serious the injured party was hurt
- The type of medical treatment received
- Whether there was a loss of earnings or wages
- The permanency of the injuries suffered
- Whether there are any scars or permanent disfigurements
- The amount of insurance coverage available to pay the claim
Examples of Some Port Huron Area Car Accident Settlements
Our expert car accident lawyers have won top settlements and jury verdicts for our clients. Below are examples of auto injury cases handled by our law firm.
- $1,800,000 Settlement for a Lansing area woman who suffered a brain injury in an accident on I-96.
- $1,375,000 Settlement for a woman who suffered spinal cord injury in a Detroit car accident that caused paralysis.
- $1,000,000 Judgment against a negligent driver for hitting a bicyclist in a Detroit suburb.
- $1,000,000 Settlement for a Macomb County truck accident wrongful death lawsuit
- $ 950,000 Settlement in St. Clair County for a woman who suffered serious injuries in a car accident.
- $ 900,000 Settlement an Eaton County, Michigan wrongful death settlement
- $ 700,000 Settlement for an I-94 auto accident near Ann Arbor
- $ 525,000 Settlement for a Detroit man who suffered a fractured pelvis from in a highway shoulder accident.
Get Our Free Michigan Car Accident Book
If you would like more information about your legal rights after a Michigan car accident, you can order our FREE book written by Michigan car accident lawyer Lawrence J. Buckfire, "The Ultimate Michigan Car Accident Handbook" by clicking on the book link. We will send it out immediately along with other important information on car accident and No-Fault Insurance claims.
Who are the Best Rated Port Huron Area Auto Accident Lawyers?
Our legal team includes the most successful car accident attorneys in Michigan. Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. and our lawyers have won the top awards in the legal profession, including:
- U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms
- "Best Michigan Personal Injury Attorney" by American Lawyer Academy
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Michigan
- Honored as "Super Lawyers"
- Top Martindale-Hubbell Rating (AV) for Skill & Integrity
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Our No Fee Promise on Port Huron Car Accident Cases
Worried that you do not have the money to hire a great lawyer? We will get started on your case right now without any money out of your pocket. We promise you:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
If your case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We put that in writing for you.
Start Your Port Huron Car Accident Claim Today
There are three ways to get started on your car accident case today to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. An auto accident attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call (800) 606-1717 any time of day to speak with an injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There is a strict time deadline for filing Port Huron car accident lawsuits. Call us today to learn more about Port Huron auto accident laws.
Port Huron Resources
- Port Huron District Court
- Port Huron County Circuit Court
- Port Huron Police Department
- Port Huron Wiki Page
“Searching for a "Lawyer Near Me?" We handle car accident cases in Marysville, New Baltimore, Kimball, Fort Gratiot Township, Smiths Creek, St. Clair, East China, Marine City, Richmond, Memphis, Yale, Fargo, Lexington, Capac, Marlette, Port Sanilac, Sandusky, Deckerville, Harbor Beach, Cass City, Brown City,Township of Greenwood, Township of Kenockee, Township of Wales, Jeddo, Goodells and all other cities and townships in St. Clair County, Michigan.