Our defective product injury lawyers handle cases for victims of Philippe Richard Pressure Cooker explosions.
The harm caused by these exploding pressure cookers can be devastating and lead to significant hospitalization, medical care, and permanent injuries. If you or someone you care about was injured by a Philippe Richard pressure cooker, you should contact our office today. We will start our investigation of your case immediately.
What is a Philippe Richard Pressure Cooker?
The pressure cooker is an appliance that is used to cook food quickly and easily. There are several companies that manufacture and sell them to the public.
TableTop Unlimited products, including Philippe Richard pressure cookers, are sold by these retailers:
- Bed Bath & Beyond
- T.J. Maxx
- Home Goods
- Sam's Club
How Does a Philippe Richard Pressure Cooker Work?
The pressure cooker has an air tight lid that locks and heats steam inside. The high-pressure environment then forces liquid and pressure into the food, creating an intense flavor and allowing the food to cook quickly.
Although the pressure cooker can be a good way to prepare a meal efficiently, there have been numerous reports of serious injuries caused by pressure cooker explosions.
Why Do Philippe Richard Pressure Cookers Explode?
The mechanism by which a pressure cooker prepares food can pose a danger to consumers.
A pressure cooker can explode becuase a high amount of pressure being trapped inside the appliance. When the lid is finally opened, the built-up pressure can cause the food to explode onto the consumer. An explosion can also be caused by faulty parts and other defects of the appliance itself.
Philippe Richard pressure cookers are designed with a ring of plastic meant to seal the point where the lid and pot meet. However, multiple consumers have reported that this gasket failed and sent scalding steam and liquid through this opening.
The danger is heightened when cooking certain types of foods, as evident by many of the injury reports. Consumers are often preparing foods such as beans and collard greens when their pressure cookers explode, due to the expanding and contracting nature of these foods.
What Types of Injuries Are Caused By Exploding Pressure Cookers?
Injuries reported from pressure cooker explosions are most often burns from the hot contents of the cooker.
Primarily, burns occur on the face, arms, chest, and torso of the consumer. Serious injuries to the eyes can occur as well and can cause blindness or loss of vision.
These injuries are often serious and can lead to hospitalization, extensive medical care, plastic surgery, and permanent disfigurements.
Can I File a Lawsuit for Injuries Caused By a Philippe Richard Pressure Cooker Explosion?
SaferProducts.gov has received many reports of injuries caused by Philippe Richard pressure cookers:
- One consumer received burns on their wrists and stomach while using a Philippe Richard pressure cooker. When the food was ready, the consumer checked to make sure no steam was still being expelled from the cooker, but upon opening the device, they realized it was unlocked and there was still pressure building. The burns occurred as they tried to hold the lid down.
- A 49-year-old woman has successfully used her Philippe Richard pressure cooker several times before the gasket failed and the device exploded. She received treatment for burns on her abdomen.
- Another consumer was using a Philippe Richard pressure cooker when it exploded and flew off of the stove. Fortunately, no one was injured as they were just far away enough from the explosion of hot steam and liquid.
Several lawsuits have already been filed by consumers harmed by pressure cooker devices. Many manufacturers are facing claims of negligence, breach of warranty, strict products liability, property damage, and more:
Los Angeles Couple Sues Maxi-Matic After Pressure Cooker Explosion
The couple used the pressure cooker successfully several times before the incident. The woman noticed more steam than normal coming from the exhaust valve, but everything else seemed to be in order.
When the device suddenly exploded, she was covered with hot water and steam, resulting in second- and third-degree burns.
Texas Woman Suffers Burns from Pressure Cooker Explosion
Recently, a class action lawsuit was filed against Wolfgang Puck Worldwide, Inc. by a woman who suffered second and third degree burns from her pressure cooker exploding, despite closely following directions for use provided by the company.
The lawsuit alleges that Wolfgang Puck's pressure cooker is a defective product and that the company is responsible for the plaintiff's injuires.
Florida Woman Files Suit Against Tristar Products
The Tristar Power Pressure Cooker XL exploded onto a Florida woman, leaving her with second-degree burns and now permanent scars. She claims the device's safety mechanism should have prevented her from opening the pot if the pressure had not been released yet.
Exploding Pressure Cooker Containing Collard Greens Damages Restaurant
Employees of a soul food restaurant in Ohio were using a pressure cooker to make collard greens, when the device exploded and blew out the front windows of the restaurant. Fortunately, no one was injured.
The cooks said the device had been whistling, but then abruptly stopped and blew up just minutes later.
What Type of Settlement Can I Get in a Philippe Richard Pressure Cooker Lawsuit?
Dangerous and defective product lawsuits primarily seek two types of damages. First, the lawsuits seek compensation for the pain and suffering, fright and shock, scarring and disfigurement, and other types of non-economic claims. Second, the suits seek compensation for medical bills and lost wages.
Some states allow punitive or exemplary damages against the product manufacturer. These awards can be substantial.
What You Should Do After Your Philippe Richard Pressure Cooker Explodes
If you are injured by a pressure cooker explosion, get prompt medical care and attention.
- If possible, take photographs of the appliance and its contents as soon as you can after the explosion.
- Make sure that you save the cooker after it explodes so that it can be inspected by one of our defective product investigators.
- You should try to locate your receipt so we can prove exactly where you bought it and the date of purchase.
- If you still have the original box and instruction book, you will need to provide those to us as well.
Taking these steps will give you the best chance of winning your defective product lawsuit and receiving a settlement.
Are There Time Limits For Filing Philippe Richard Pressure Cooker Lawsuits?
Yes, all states have statutes of limitations for filing dangerous product lawsuits.
The time deadlines vary from state to state so it is important that you contact an experienced defective products attorney as soon as possible after the incident. This will prevent you from missing deadlines that might limit your ability to sue the manufacturer or retailer that sold you the product.
Who are the Best Rated Philippe Richard Pressure Cooker Lawsuit Lawyers?
Our legal team includes the most successful defective product attorneys in the United States.
Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. and our lawyers have won the top awards in the legal profession, including:
- U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms
- "Best Michigan Personal Injury Attorney" by American Lawyer Academy
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Michigan
- Honored as "Super Lawyers"
- Top Martindale-Hubbell Rating (AV) for Skill & Integrity
- Member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Our No Fee Promise on Philippe Richard Exploding Pressure Cooker Cases
Don't be concerned about the money you might need to hire a lawyer. You can afford to have the best defective product law firm on your side without paying a penny out of your pocket. It literally costs nothing to get started and if your pressure cooker explosion case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
Start Your Philippe Richard Exploding Pressure Cooker Claim
There are three ways to get started on your pressure cooker explosion case today to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. A defective product attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call (800) 606-1717 any time of day to speak with an injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Philippe Richard exploding pressure cooker lawsuits. Call us to get started on your case today.