Our Michigan pedestrian accident attorneys represent families of pedestrians who were killed in car accidents. These tragic accidents are most often caused by the negligent driving of motorists and truck drivers. Most of these accidents and deaths could have been avoided by anyone driving in a safe manner.
There are many reasons that pedestrian are killed in Michigan car accidents, including:
- Distracted drivers texting or talking on cell phones and not paying attention to pedestrians
- Night time visibility affecting the driver’s ability to see the pedestrian
- Right turn on red accidents where drivers are not looking for pedestrians crossing the street or in crosswalks
- Pedestrians crossing in areas not marked with crosswalks but still readily visible to motorists
- Drivers driving at excessive speeds and carelessly
- Intoxicated drivers driving dangerously on streets and in parking lots
The surviving family members of a pedestrian killed in a car accident do have legal rights. First, the family can file a survivor’s loss claim against the no-fault insurance carrier. These include claims for payment of medical bills, lost wages, household services, and attendant care services. The family members can obtain No-Fault Insurance benefits even if the pedestrian did not own a vehicle or have an auto insurance policy.
The family members can also a file a Michigan Wrongful Death Lawsuit. This lawsuit seeks compensation for the pain and suffering endured by the victim from the time of accident until death. The lawsuit also seeks compensation for the loss of society and companionship suffered by the family members due to the loss of the loved one. Additional damages can be sought for loss of earnings, loss of support, and funeral and burial expenses.
To learn more about the legal rights of family members of a pedestrian killed in a Michigan car accident, you should call our award winning Michigan law firm immediately. It is important to get started as soon as possible so that we can obtain witness statements and gather evidence. We will investigate your case to prove that the driver was at fault in causing your injuries.
We will handle you case under our NO FEE PROMISE, which means there are absolutely no legal fees or costs until we win you a settlement. Call our Michigan pedestrian accident lawyers now at (800) 606-1717 or fill in the orange Get Help Now box on this page and press “Click to Send.” We will call you shortly to discuss your case.