When a passenger is injured in a Michigan car accident, the injuries can be devastating. Injured passengers are innocent victims and have legal rights against the at-fault driver. This includes claims against a negligent driver in another vehicle of the driver of the vehicle occupied by the passenger. In all cases, an injured passenger is always entitled to receive Michigan No-Fault Insurance benefits.
Common Causes Passenger Injuries in Michigan Auto Accidents
Passenger injuries are caused by a number of different auto accident types. These include a:
- Drunk or intoxicated driver in the same vehicle or another vehicle
- Reckless, neglgient or speeding driver in the same vehicle or another vehicle
- Distracted driver in the same vehicle or another vehicle
- Negligent truck or bus driver causing a muliptle car accident
- Defective highway, roadway, or street
Types of Claims For Injured Car Accident Passengers
A passenger injured in a car accident in Michigan can pursue several types of injury accident claims. First, if the driver of another car is negligent, the injured passenger can sue that driver and the owner of that vehicle. This type of claim demands a settlement for the personal injuries suffered in the accident, including pain and suffering as well as disability.
Second, if the driver of the car the passenger was riding in was negligent, the injured passenger can sue that driver and the owner of that vehicle. This is true even if passenger was a friend or family member of that driver. Although this may present an uncomfortable situation, everyone involved should know that the claim is actually being pursued against the insurance company and does not seek any money from the driver. These claims are also for pain and suffering as well as disability related to injuries caused by the accident.
No Fault Insurance Benefits For Injured Passengers
An injured passenger can always get Michigan No-Fault Insurance benefits, even if the passenger did not own a car or have an auto insurance policy. We will help you determine the proper insurance company to pay the claims and then submit the claims for you. We will also follow up with the adjuster to make sure the benefits are paid.
No-Fault insurance benefits include lost wages, medical expenses, household services, attendant care services, and medica
Our No Fee Promise on Michigan Car Accident Passenger Cases
You can afford to have the best car accident law firm on your side. It literally costs nothing to get started and if your auto accident case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
Start Your Michigan Passenger Car Accident Claim
There are three ways to get started on your car accident case to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. An auto accident attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call (800) 606-1717 any time of day to speak with an injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan car accident passenger lawsuits. Call us to learn more about the Michigan auto accident laws and settlements.