Our Mount Pleasant motorcycle accident lawyers represent motorcyclists and passengers injured in crashes in Mount Pleasant and the surrounding areas. These include injury claims for injured bikers hit by cars, trucks, and even other motorcycles. We also file lawsuits against insurance companies who refuse to pay no-fault insurance benefits, including lost wages and medical expenses. Our law firm will help you win the best and highest settlement for your case.
Our experienced attorneys also file claims against road commissions and governmental agencies for bikers injured due to a dangerous highway or defective road, including pot holes and shoulder drop-offs. There are strict time deadlines for filing these governmental claims so it is important that you contact us as soon as possible after the accident. We will need to take photographs and get witness statements to protect your claim so you should call us immediately to start investigating your case.
Unfortunately, there are many fatal motorcycle accidents that occur in the Mount Pleasant area. In cases involving the death of a biker or passenger, we will file a Michigan Wrongful Death Lawsuit on behalf of the surviving family members. These lawsuits get compensation for the pain and suffering of the decedent and for the loss of society and companionship suffered by the family members.
Where Do Mount Pleasant Motorcycle Accidents Happen?
Mount Pleasant is located within Isabella County, in the center of the state of Michigan. As of 2014, the population of Mount Pleasant was 25,971. There are major highways and thoroughfares that pass through the area where motorcycle accidents often occur. They include:
- US 127
What are the Causes of Mount Pleasant Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle accidents usually occur because the driver of another motor vehicle is not paying attention to the biker, driving carelessly, or speeding excessively. Distracted driving is now a major factor in causing these accidents as well.
These accidents are almost always the fault of the motorist and not the biker. According to statistics, the most common types of motorcycle accidents in Mount Pleasant are:
- Single vehicle accidents
- Rear end accidents
- Angled rear end accidents
- Sideswipe accidents
- Head on left turn accidents
How to Get Your Mount Pleasant Motorcycle Accident Report
For a motorcycle accident that occurred in Mount Pleasant, you can request your report directly from the Mount Pleasant Police Department.
Mount Pleasant Police Department
804 E. High Street
Mount Pleasant, MI 48858
You can also get the Traffic Crash Report online from any Michigan law enforcement agency through the Michigan State Police website. If you choose us as your motorcycle accident attorneys, we will get all of the reports for you and have our investigator interview witnesses and take photographs.
How much are Mount Pleasant Motorcycle Accident Settlements?
There is no such thing as a settlement calculator to determine the amount of compensation you will be paid after motorcycle accident. Factors in determining the amount of your settlement include:
- Who was at fault for the accident and to what degree for each party
- The seriousness of your injuries
- The type of medical treatment received, like surgery and physical therapy
- The permanency of your injuries and whether you will ever fully recover
- The nature of any scars or other permanent disfigurements
- The amount of insurance available to pay your claim
In cases involving a fatal motorcycle accident, we will file a wrongful death lawsuit for the surviving family members. Settlements in these lawsuits include compensation for pain and suffering of the decedent from the time of accident until death, the loss of society and companionship for the family, loss of income and support, and payment of funeral and burial expenses. We will handle of all the required probate court work to start and finish your case.
Who are the Best Mount Pleasant Motorcycle Accident Lawyers?
Our legal team includes the most successful motorcycle accident attorneys in Michigan. Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. and our lawyers have won the top awards in the legal profession, including:
- U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms
- "Best Michigan Personal Injury Attorney" By American Lawyer Academy
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Michigan
- Honored as "Super Lawyers"
- Top Martindale-Hubbell Rating (AV) for Skill & Integrity
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Our No Fee Promise on Mount Pleasant Motorcycle Accident Cases
It costs you nothing to get our Mount Pleasant attorneys started on your case. We promise you in writing:
- No money to start your case or anytime until receive your settlement
- We pay all case costs and expenses for your motorcycle accident lawsuit
- You are charged no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- We will meet with you and take your phone calls as often as you request at no charge
Start Your Mount Pleasant Motorcycle Accident Claim
Get started on your Mount Pleasant case today. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page and will we contact you quickly.
- Type an online chat in the pop up box and a lawyer will read it and call you.
- Call (800) 606-1717 any time of day to speak with our attorneys about your case.
Warning: There is a strict time deadline for filing Mount Pleasant motorcycle accident lawsuits. Call us today to learn more about Mount Pleasant motorcycle accident laws.
Mount Pleasant Resources
Searching for a "Lawyer Near Me?" We handle motorcycle accident cases in Clare, Mount Pleasant, Broomfield Township, Chippewa Township, Coe Township, Coldwater Township, Deerfield Township, Denver Township, Fremont Township, Gilmore Township, Isabella Township, Lincoln Township, Nottawa Township, Rolland Township, Sherman Township, Union Charter Township, Vernon Township, Wise Township, and all other cities and townships in Isabella County, Michigan.