Our Mount Clemens wrongful death lawyers represent the families of victims who have died due to the negligence of another person or entity. Wrongful death lawsuits are brought by family members seeking justice for the loss of a loved one. Our lawyers will help your family recover compensation for a tragedy involving an accidental or unlawful death.
The Michigan Wrongful Death Statute allows family members to file a lawsuit for compensation after accidental death, negligence, or an intentional act. Lawsuits can be filed by a spouse, parent, sibling, child, grandparent, or grandchild. If the decedent left a will, a person named in the will also may have the right to bring the lawsuit.
Mount Clemens Wrongful Death Lawsuit Information
Mount Clemens, Michigan is located in Macomb County and also serves as the county seat. As of 2014, the population of the city was 16,408. Mt. Clemens is considered a part of the Detroit Metropolitan Area. The city is almost entirely surrounded by Clinton Township, except for the far east side which borders Harrison Township. The Clinton River also runs through Mt. Clemens.
The National Safety Council lists accidental deaths as one of the top causes of death for persons age 1 to 42. The most common causes of accidental death are motor vehicle accidents, poisonings, fires, falls, choking, and drowning. Usually, these accidents occur in the home or surrounding community and are often the result of negligence by a person or business.
Common Types of Mount Clemens Wrongful Death Lawsuits
Our law firm has won significant settlements and jury verdicts in Mt. Clemens wrongful death cases including:
- Automobile accidents (including fatal drunk driving accidents)
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents (bikers & passengers)
- Pedestrian or bicycle accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Product liability (motor vehicle defects, etc)
- Medical malpractice or hospital negligence
- Nursing home neglect or abuse
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Construction accidents
- Fires, explosions & electrical injuries
- Police chases & police misconduct
- Defective premises
- Recreational accidents (boating, jet skiing, hunting, & swimming pools)
- All other accident deaths
Mount Clemens Courts For Wrongful Death Lawsuits
Most wrongful death lawsuits arising from a death that occurred in Mt. Clemens must be filed in the Macomb County Trial Court. This circuit court has jurisdiction for cases with damages greater than $25,000.00.
Some cases may also be filed in the United States District Court Eastern Division. These involve lawsuits alleging civil rights violations, matters of federal law, or under other special circumstances. Our attorneys will determine the proper court to file your case.
Compensation In Mt. Clemens Wrongful Death Lawsuits
Wrongful death lawsuit settlements include compensation paid for both non-economic and economic losses. Non-economic losses include the loss of emotional support, comfort, companionship, society, moral support, and consortium due to death of the loved one. Non-economic claims also include compensation for the decedent’s pain and suffering from the time of injury through the date of death.
There are no written schedules or guidelines for determining the compensation amount for non-economic wrongful death claims. If the case goes to trial, the jury will decide the monetary amount for each claim. Our accidental death attorneys have won substantial settlements for these types of losses before trial and by jury verdict at trial.
Compensation is also owed to the family for economic losses caused by the death of a loved one. These include loss of earnings (past, present, and future), loss of financial support, loss of work benefits (health insurance, pension), and funeral expenses. In many cases, an economist will also place a monetary value on the loss of household services that the decedent would have provided to the family if not for the death. This type of claim will also contribute to the settlement amount.
Who is the Best Mount Clemens Wrongful Death Lawyer?
The wrongful death attorneys at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. understand issues relating to Mount Clemens wrongful death cases. This allows us to get the best settlements for our clients. It is important to have an attorney not afraid to fight for you when you have dealt with a wrongful death.
Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. and our lawyers have won the top awards in the legal profession, including:
- U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms
- "Best Michigan Personal Injury Attorney" by American Lawyer Academy
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Michigan
- Honored as "Super Lawyers"
- Top Martindale-Hubbell Rating (AV) for Skill & Integrity
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Our No Fee Promise on Mount Clemens Wrongful Death Cases
Don't be concerned about the money you might need to hire a lawyer. You can afford to have the best wrongful death law firm on your side without paying a penny out of your pocket. It literally costs nothing to get started and if your wrongful death case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
Start Your Mount Clemens Wrongful Death Claim Today
There are three ways to get started on your wrongful death case today to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. A wrongful death attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call (800) 606-1717 any time of day to speak with a wrongful death lawyer about your case.
Warning: There is a strict time deadline for filing Mount Clemens wrongful death lawsuits. Call us today to learn more about Mount Clemens wrongful death laws.
Mount Clemens Resources
- Mount Clemens District Court
- Macomb County Circuit Court
- Macomb County Sheriff Department
- Mount Clemens Wiki Page
Searching for a "Lawyer Near Me?" We handle wrongful death cases in Center Line, Eastpointe, Fraser, Grosse Pointe Shores, Memphis, Mount Clemens, New Baltimore, Richmond, Roseville, St. Clair Shores, Sterling Heights, Utica, Warren, Armada Township, Bruce Township, Chesterfield Charter Township, Clinton Charter Township, Harrison Charter Township, Lenox Township, Macomb Township, Ray Township, Richmond Township, Shelby Charter Township, Washington Charter Township, and all other cities and townships in Macomb County, Michigan.