Our Mount Clemens bicycle accident lawyers represent clients who have suffered injuries while riding on a bike in or near the city of Mount Clemens. The accidents often result in very serious injuries and even death. In cases involving the death of a bicyclist, we file a wrongful death lawsuit for the surviving family members.
Mount Clemens Bicycle Trails & Paths
Bicycle accidents happen on all roads, streets, sidewalks and parking lots in Mount Clemens. Many bicyclists enjoy cycling on trails in and around the Mount Clemens area. Some of the best trails in the area include:
- Chamberlain Lake Trail
- Clinton River Park Trail
- Clinton River Trail
- Dequindre Cut Greenway
- Island Lake Recreation Area
- Macomb Orchard Trail
Accidents happen while riding on a trail and even while bicycling to get to a trail. Drivers often disregard the rights of bicyclists or are simply not paying attention, and this can lead to very serious injuries.
Common Causes of Mount Clemens Bicycle Accidents
Most bicycle accidents are caused by negligent and inattentive drivers of cars, trucks and buses. The most common causes of Mount Clemens bicycle accidents are:
- Drivers failing to stop at red light or stop sign
- Drivers traveling at excessive speeds
- Drivers turning in front of moving bicyclist
- Drivers distracted from texting or cell phone use
- Drivers ignoring the rights of bicyclists traveling in marked bicycle lanes
- Motorists opening car doors as a bicyclist is riding by the vehicle
- Drunk and intoxicated drivers
No-Fault Insurance For A Mount Clemens Bicycle Accident
Every person injured in a Michigan bicycle accident is entitled to receive no-fault insurance benefits, even if the bicyclist did not own a car or have an auto insurance policy. These benefits provide for unlimited lifetime medical expenses, lost wages, attendant care services, household services, and other benefits.
Our lawyers will assist you in filing your claim for no-fault insurance benefits. We will also determine which insurance company is responsible for paying those benefits. If the insurance company denies payment of benefits, we will file a no-fault insurance lawsuit for you.
Personal Injury Claims After a Mount Clemens Bicycle Accident
In addition to receiving no-fault insurance benefits, an injured bicyclist can file a personal injury claim. These claims seek settlements for pain and suffering, disability, scars and permanent disfigurements, loss of enjoyment of life, and other damages. The insurance company for the negligent driver typically pays the settlement.
In the tragic event of a fatal bike accident, the surviving family members can file a wrongful death lawsuit. These lawsuits seek compensation for the pain and suffering of the bicyclist from the time of accident until death, the loss of society and companionship of surviving family members, loss of income and support, medical expenses, and funeral and burial expenses. Our attorneys will handle all of the required probate court paperwork and file your lawsuit to get your family the highest possible settlement.
Mount Clemens bicycle accidents occur in subdivisions, main streets, bicycle lanes, and even in parking lots. It is important to report the accident to the police so that witnesses can be interviewed and an investigation can be performed to determine the cause of the accident. Once an investigation has been completed, the police report can be obtained from the Mount Clemens Police Department.
Who are the Best Rated Mount Clemens Area Bicycle Accident Lawyers?
Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. and our lawyers have won the top awards in the legal profession, including:
- U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms
- "Best Michigan Personal Injury Attorney" by American Lawyer Academy
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Michigan
- Honored as "Super Lawyers"
- Top Martindale-Hubbell Rating (AV) for Skill & Integrity
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Our No Fee Promise on Mount Clemens Bicycle Accident Cases
Don't be concerned about the money you might need to hire a lawyer. You can afford to have the best bicycle accident law firm on your side without paying a penny out of your pocket. It literally costs nothing to get started and if your bicycle accident case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
Start Your Mount Clemens Bicycle Accident Claim Today
There are three ways to get started on your bicycle accident case today to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. A bicycle accident attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call (800) 606-1717 any time of day to speak with an injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There is a strict time deadline for filing Mount Clemens bicycle accident lawsuits. Call us today to learn more about Mount Clemens bicycle accident laws.
Mount Clemens Resources
- Mount Clemens District Court
- Macomb County Circuit Court
- Macomb County Sheriff Department
- Mount Clemens Wiki Page
Searching for a "Lawyer Near Me?" We handle bicycle accident cases in Center Line, Eastpointe, Fraser, Grosse Pointe Shores, Memphis, Mount Clemens, New Baltimore, Richmond, Roseville, St. Clair Shores, Sterling Heights, Utica, Warren, Armada Township, Bruce Township, Chesterfield Charter Township, Clinton Charter Township, Harrison Charter Township, Lenox Township, Macomb Township, Ray Township, Richmond Township, Shelby Charter Township, Washington Charter Township, and all other cities and townships in Macomb County, Michigan.