According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), crashes involving a motorcycle and a car resulted in 98 percent people being injured. In addition, crashes involving just the driver of a motorcycle resulted in 96 percent of people being injured. In 2010 alone, motorcycle accidents attributed to 14 percent of fatalities.
Causes of Motorcycle AccidentsAlthough the public often thinks that bikers are responsible for motorcycle accidents, statistics show that most motorcycle crash injuries in Michigan are caused by the negligence of another driver. Some causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- More than half of fatal motorcycle crashes happen when the other vehicle turns left.
- 75% percent of all motorcycle accidents happen when a vehicle fails to see the motorcycle before the collision.
- Trucks or cars forcing motorcyclists into a guard rail.
- Failure of a motorcyclist to over/under estimate a curve in a road
- Speeding by the vehicle driver and/or motorcycle rider
Finding Your Motorcycle Crash Attorney in MichiganVictims of motorcycle accidents do have legal rights and should pursue them immediately after the accident. When choosing your lawyer, it is essential to choose the right lawyer so that you may receive a fair settlement. Your motorcycle crash attorney can also help you make your insurance claim for benefits.
Attorney Daniel L. Buckfire is rated "Superb" by the top lawyer internet rating service and has achieved the utmost possible rating for ability and integrity in the legal profession for Michigan motorcycle accidents.