Our Michigan motorcycle accident attorneys are highly knowledgeable and skilled in dealing with lawsuits involving motorcycle accidents in the state of Michigan.We also have specialized knowledge in insurance claims that can be made by an injured motorcyclist. Motorcycle accidents are frightening and tragic and victims of motorcycle accidents should seek compensation for any damages or injuries that resulted from a crash.
Michigan Motorcycle Accident Facts
Motorcycles provide enjoyment and excitement for thousands of people, but unfortunately, accidents happen frequently and the injuries suffered can be severe and even cause death in some cases. Many motorists fail to respect or pay attention to motorcycle riders which results in a large variety of car-motorcycle and truck-motorcycle accidents.
Here are a few statistics on motorcycle accidents based on information from the Michigan Office of Highway Safety Planning for 2010:
- Michigan motorcycle registrations- 266,772
- Motorcycles in crashes- 3,362
- Motorcyclist deaths- 125
- Motorcyclists injured- 2,664
- Death rate based on 10,000 Michigan motorcycle registrations- 4.69
- Estimated mileage based on 3,000 miles per motorcycle- 800,316,000
- Death rate based on deaths per 100 million vehicle miles traveled- 15.62
Ways to Avoid a Motorcycle Accident in Michigan
To decrease the possibility of being involved in a motorcycle accident that can cause serious personal injuries, the riders should follow these tips:
- Never practice tailgating
- Avoid riding a motorcycle when you are under the influence of alcohol
- Be courteous and respectful to other motorist who uses the roads
- Do not ride between slow moving vehicles
- Recognize and follow the traffic rules and ordinances
- Utilize signals whenever necessary
- Be cautious especially at road intersections
- Wear your protective gears such as a helmet, jackets, proper footwear and gloves
- Always be on the part of the road where other motorists clearly see you
Victims of motorcycle accidents do have legal rights and should pursue them immediately after the accident. When choosing your lawyer, it is essential to choose the right lawyer so that you may receive a fair settlement. Your motorcycle accident lawyer can also help you make your insurance claim for benefits.
Attorney Daniel L. Buckfire lawyers is rated "Superb" by the top lawyer internet rating service and has achieved the utmost possible rating for ability and integrity in the legal profession.
Free Michigan Motorcycle Accident Book
Daniel Buckfire is the first Michigan motorcycle accident lawyer to author the only book ever written for motorcycle accident victims in Michigan, "The Ultimate Michigan Motorcycle Accident Handbook." His book is a practical guide to understanding your legal rights after being injured in a motorcycle accident.
Our No Fee Promise For Michigan Motorcycle Accident Cases
We will represent you in your Michigan motorcycle accident case under our NO FEE PROMISE. This means that you will not be charged any legal fees whatsoever unless we obtain a settlement or recovery for you. You have absolutely no obligation for legal fees unless we win your case. If we do not obtain a settlement for you, you owe us nothing!
Contact Your Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Michigan
For more information about your rights after a Michigan motorcycle accident, call us now at (800) 606-1717 to speak with an experienced Michigan personal injury attorney.