According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), crashes involving a motorcycle and a car resulted in 98 percent people being injured. In addition, crashes involving just the driver of a motorcycle resulted in 96 percent of people being injured. In 2010 alone, motorcycle accidents attributed to 14 percent of fatalities.
Preparation Steps Before Riding Your Motorcycle On Michigan RoadsBefore taking your motorcycle out on the Michigan roads and highways, you should always make sure that the bike itself is functioning properly. Below are a few easy steps to help ensure your bike is ready for riding season. These steps include:
- Check tires for any cracks, bulges, and signs of wear in the treads
- Check for oil or gas leaks
- Test headlights, taillights, and signals to makes sure they are functioning correctly
- Hydraulic and coolant fluids should be checked frequently.
- Check clutch and throttle
- Clean and adjust all mirrors