Our Michigan wrongful death lawsuit lawyers represent family members of individuals who died due to the negligence of another or were tragically killed in an accident. We also pursue wrongful death lawsuits for medical malpractice, nursing home neglect, and other types of negligence cases.
Michigan Wrongful Death Act
Wrongful death lawsuits in Michigan are authorized by the Michigan Wrongful Death Act. The Michigan Wrongful Death Act, MCL § 600.2922, states:
(1) Whenever the death of a person or injuries resulting in death shall be caused by wrongful act, neglect, or fault of another, and the act, neglect, or fault is such as would, if death had not ensued, have entitled the party injured to maintain an action and recover damages, the person who or the corporation that would have been liable, if death had not ensued, shall be liable to an action for damages, notwithstanding the death of the person injured, and although the death was caused under circumstances that constitute a felony.
Filing a Michigan Wrongful Death Lawsuit
The Michigan Wrongful Death Act is detailed with respect the requirements of filing a lawsuit. Specifically, the act specifies:
- Which family members can file a Michigan Wrongful Death Act lawsuit
- Which family members have priority to file a Michigan Wrongful Death Act lawsuit
- The legal procedures for notifying other family members that a claim has been filed and their legal rights in a Michigan Wrongful Death Act lawsuit
- The types and damages and compensation that can be sought and obtained in a Michigan Wrongful Death Act lawsuit
- The legal procedures and requirements for filing the Michigan Wrongful Death Act lawsuit
- The legal procedures and requirements for settling the Michigan Wrongful Death Act lawsuit
- The procedures for disbursing the settlement proceeds to the surviving family members.
Statute of Limitations For A Michigan Wrongful Death Lawsuit
The procedures for filing wrongful death claims and lawsuits are different in every state. The time limitations for filing lawsuits varies as well. In addition, the type of case also determines the statute of limitations as each case type has a separate and distinct time filing deadline. If you miss a deadline, your claim will be lost forever.
Our No Fee Promise For Michigan Wrongful Death Lawsuit
We will represent you in your Michigan wrongful death lawsuit under our NO-FEE PROMISE. This means that you will not be charged any legal fees whatsoever unless we obtain a settlement or recovery for you. You have absolutely no obligation for legal fees unless we win your case. If we do not obtain a settlement for you, you owe us nothing!
Free Guide for Michigan Wrongful Death Lawsuits
When someone dies an unlawful or accidental death due to the fault of another, surviving family members can file a wrongful death lawsuit. To better understand the secret deadlines that will destroy your case if you delay in hiring a lawyer, download our The Ultimate Michigan Wrongful Death Lawsuit Handbook," by Lawrence J. Buckfire.hand guide, "
Cases related to wrongful death accidents are brought by family members seeking justice for the loss of a loved one. We can help your family after a tragedy involving an accidental or unlawful death.
The book sells for $14.95 on Amazon, but you can download it immediately for FREE.
Contact a Michigan Wrongful Death Lawsuit Lawyer
For more information on how to file a wrongful death lawsuit, call us now at (800) 606-1717 to speak with one of our experienced Michigan wrongful death lawyers about your case. We will start working on your case immediately and begin gathering witness statements and evidence to prove and win your case.