Our Michigan lawyers handle cases in representing victims’ families that have lost a loved one in a wrongful death accident. The Michigan statute permits family members and relatives to obtain compensation for their losses, including loss of society and companionship, loss of support, and economic loss. The estate of the deceased individual can also be compensated for his conscious pain and suffering.
What Are Some Examples of Wrongful Death Settlements?
Our attorneys have obtained significant wrongful death settlements for families of victims killed in a Michigan accident. We have listed some of these settlements below.
- $1,600,000 settlement for the estate of a pedestrian hit and killed in a Michigan car accident by a corporate vehicle.
- $725,000 settlement for parents after their infant lost their life by strangulation of mini blinds in an apartment complex.
- $425,000 settlement for passenger woman wrongfully killed in a fatal Livingston County car accident.
- $375,000 settlement against a negligent driver who struck and killed a pedestrian crossing Woodward Avenue in Ferndale, Michigan.
- $195,000 settlement for the family of a mentally impaired man with a seizure disorder who fell from a ladder and died after striking his head.
- $150,000 settlement for parents of an infant who died from carbon monoxide poisoning due to a defective heating unit in an apartment.
- $100,000 settlement for the family of a passenger killed in a single vehicle Detroit auto accident.
What Determines the Wrongful Death Settlement Amount?
Getting the maximum settlement for your case does require the assistance of an expert and qualified wrongful death attorney. There are several factors that go into determining what is a fair settlement for a wrongful death victim in Michigan. These include:
- How the wrongful death accident occurred
- Where the wrongful death accident occurred
- Whether the negligent driver, hospital, or doctor has insurance coverage for the accident
- The amount of the insurance policy limits for the case
- The type and location of the injuries (arms, face, legs)
- The seriousness of the injuries and the type of medical treatment
- The permanency of the scars and disfigurement
- The age and sex of the victim
- The amount of medical bills related to the wrongful death accident
Using the factors listed above, our top rated lawyers will be able to evaluate your wrongful death claim and discuss with you a realistic settlement range. Of course, we may not know the answers to all of the different factors at the time of our discussion because much may be unknown at the time. That being said, we can tell you if you have a case worth pursuing and what the likelihood is of receiving a settlement for you case.
For more information about your rights after losing a loved in a wrongful death accident in Michigan, call our award winning law firm office now at (800) 606-1717. We offer a Free, No Obligation Case Review and will be able to offer you sound advice on your legal options. Best of all, we will represent you under our No Win, No Fee Promise. This means that you will not be charged any legal fees whatsoever until we obtain a settlement or recovery for you. Call now!
Who is the Best Michigan Workers Compensation Lawyer?
The workers compensation attorneys at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. understand issues relating to workers compensation sites. This allows us to get the best settlements for our clients. It is important to have an attorney not afraid to fight for you when you have dealt with any workers compensation issue.
Free Guide for Michigan Wrongful Death Lawsuits
When someone dies an unlawful or accidental death due to the fault of another, surviving family members can file a wrongful death lawsuit. To better understand the secret deadlines that will destroy your case if you delay in hiring a lawyer, download our The Ultimate Michigan Wrongful Death Lawsuit Handbook," by Lawrence J. Buckfire.hand guide, "
Cases related to wrongful death accidents are brought by family members seeking justice for the loss of a loved one. We can help your family after a tragedy involving an accidental or unlawful death.
The book sells for $14.95 on Amazon, but you can download it immediately for FREE.