Our Michigan Wrongful Death case attorneys represent family members of individuals who died due to the negligence of another or were tragically killed in an accident. These include cases for motor vehicle accidents, construction accidents, slip and fall accidents, and all accident and intentional injury cases. We also pursue wrongful death cases for medical malpractice and nursing home neglect.
Wrongful death cases are filed in accordance with a the Michigan Wrongful Death Act Statute, which provides:
The Michigan Wrongful Death Act, MCL § 600.2922:
(1) Whenever the death of a person or injuries resulting in death shall be caused by wrongful act, neglect, or fault of another, and the act, neglect, or fault is such as would, if death had not ensued, have entitled the party injured to maintain an action and recover damages, the person who or the corporation that would have been liable, if death had not ensued, shall be liable to an action for damages, notwithstanding the death of the person injured, and although the death was caused under circumstances that constitute a felony.
The Michigan Wrongful Death Act is detailed with respect the requirements of filing a case. Specifically, the Act specifies:
- Which family members can file a Michigan Wrongful Death Act case
- Which family members have priority to file a Michigan Wrongful Death Act case
- The legal procedures for notifying other family members that a claim has been filed and their legal rights in a Michigan Wrongful Death Act case
- The types and damages and compensation that can be sought and obtained in a Michigan Wrongful Death Act case
- The legal procedures and requirements for filing the Michigan Wrongful Death Act case
- The legal procedures and requirements for settling the Michigan Wrongful Death Act case
- The procedures for disbursing the settlement proceeds to the surviving family members.
Statute of Limitations For A Michigan Wrongful Death Case
The procedures for filing claims and cases are different virtually everywhere and the time limitations for filing wrongful death claims is not always the same. The type of case also determines the statute of limitations as each case has a separate and distinct time filing deadline. If you miss a deadline, your claim will be lost forever. For these reasons, you should contact ourMichigan wrongful death lawyers immediately if you have lost someone due to a wrongful death accident.
Our No Fee Promise For Michigan Wrongful Death Case
We will represent you in your Michigan wrongful death case under our NO FEE PROMISE. This means that you will not be charged any legal fees whatsoever unless we obtain a settlement or recovery for you. You have absolutely no obligation for legal fees unless we win your case. If we do not obtain a settlement for you, you owe us nothing!
Contact a Michigan Wrongful Death Case Lawyer
For more information on how to file a wrongful death case, call us now at (800) 606-1717 to speak with one of our experienced Michigan wrongful death lawyers about your case.