According to Consumer Reports, motorcycle accident deaths are on the rise, while automotive fatalities are decreasing. Evidence has been proven that this is because of an increase in young people that are getting supersport bikes, while the auto makers are improving car safety.
Supersport Bike Accident StatisticsSupersport bikes are more popular because of their fast speeds. These fast speeds however, make them harder for a motor vehicle driver to see on the road. Some statistics on supersport bike accidents include:
- Supersport motorcyclists are four times more likely to get into a bike accident.
- 25 percent of supersport bike accidents were fatal motorcycle accidents.
- Supersport motorcyclists make up 10 % of all registered motorcycles in the United States.
- The majority of supersport bike riders are between the ages of 18-35.
- 49 percent of all motorcyclists’ without helmets are killed in motorcycle accidents.
Causes Of Supersport Bike AccidentsThere are many different causes of supersport bike accidents. Some of the most common causes include:
- Speeding by the vehicle driver and/or supersport bike rider
- Vehicle fails to see the supersport bike on the road
- Inexperienced supersport bike riders who are not obeying the law or know the proper safety measures
- Failure of supersport bike rider to over/under estimate a curve in the road
When Injured In A Michigan Supersport Bike AccidentWhen injured in a Michigan supersport bike accident make sure to immediately call for medical help, contact the police, exchange information with the other driver(s) involved, contact your insurance company, take pictures of the accident, and call a Michigan motorcycle accident lawyer. Following these tasks will help ensure compensation for the damages done if the other driver is determined to be at-fault.
FREE Michigan Motorcycle Accident BookDaniel Buckfire is the first motorcycle accident lawyer to author the only book ever written for motorcycle accident victims in Michigan, "The Ultimate Michigan Motorcycle Accident Handbook." His book is a practical guide to understanding your legal rights after being injured in a motorcycle accident. The book sells for $14.95 on Amazon but we'll send it to you for FREE!
Contact Your Michigan Motorcycle Accident LawyerContact a Michigan motorcycle accident lawyer who understands the special circumstances and needs of supersport bike riders. Individuals injured in a Michigan supersport bike accident should contact the motorcycle accident lawyers of Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C.
Call our office at 800-606-1717 to schedule a free consultation and discuss your Michigan supersport bike accident. We will start working on your case immediately and begin gathering the witness statements and evidence to prove and win your case.