Our Michigan car accident lawyers represent clients in all types of motor vehicle accidents involving cell phone use including cars, trucks, motorcycle, bicycles, and pedestrians. We are dedicated to protecting your interests and handling your case with personal attention, professionalism, and compassion.
Even with Michigan enacting the anti-texting law, phone-involved car accidents are at an all time high, equaling to over 9,000 crashes in the last decade.
Michigan Phone-Involved Car Accident Statistics
To advise our clients on how dangerous and how significant car accidents involving phone use in Michigan is, we have provided some statistics tailored by MLive.com:
- Since 2001, 800 crashes per year involved cell phone use.
- More than 1,000 phone-involved accidents were reported during peak years.
- In 2010, there were 881 car accidents that involved cell phone use. Out of those 881 accidents, 290 people were injured and five were killed.
- In 2012, from January to June, there were a total of 397 car accidents that involved cell phone use.
- Texting take a driver’s focus away from the road for an average of 4.6 seconds, enough time to travel the length of a football field at 55 miles per hour.
- 61% of teens admit to texting while driving.
How Do You Choose Your Michigan Car Accident Lawyer
You need a Michigan car accident attorney that will pay detailed attention to your case. By limiting the number of cases that we accept, our top rated lawyers can devote our full time and energy to each car accident client. If we accept your case, you are assured that an experienced lawyer will handle your case.
FREE Michigan Car Accident Book
Our own book, written by Michigan car accident lawyer Daniel L. Buckfire, "The Ultimate Michigan Car Accident Handbook," has been called the best book ever written for persons injured in Michigan car accidents. It answers all of your questions, in plain English, about your legal rights against negligent drivers as well as your available benefits under the Michigan No-Fault Law. We'll send it to you for FREE!
Contact Your Michigan Car Accident Lawyer
Individuals injured in a Michigan auto accident caused by a negligent driver texting while driving should contact the lawyers at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. Our office will start working on your case immediately and begin gathering the witness statements and evidence to prove and win your case.