Our Michigan nursing home abuse lawyers represent nursing home residents and their families in abuse and neglect cases. These lawsuits arise from a number of different types of neglect and abuse, including bedsores, fall injuries, medication errors, choking injuries, dehydration, and wandering claims. In cases involving death, we file a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of the family.
The U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) issued a report ranking nursing homes throughout Michigan by the amount of most serious violations. The report was assessed over a three year period, from 4/1/2008 to 7/8/2011. Serious violations are those that caused actual harm to residents or placed them in immediate jeopardy of death or serious injury. The homes with the most serious violations in Michigan are as follows:
- Omni Continuing Care; Detroit, MI: 13 Serious Violations
- Huron County Medical Care Facility; Bad Axe, MI: 11 Serious Violations
- St. James Nursing Center; Detroit, MI: 11 Serious Violations
- Borgress Gardens; Kalamazoo, MI: 10 Serious Violations
- Riverview Health and Rehab Center North; Detroit, MI: 10 Serous Violations
- Samaritan Manor; Detroit, MI: 10 Serious Violations
- Tendercare Gaylord; Gaylord, MI: 10 Serious Violations
- The Laurels of Sandy Creek; Wayland, MI: 9 Serious Violations
- Ovid Healthcare Center; Ovid, MI: 9 Serious Violations
- Regency Healthcare Centre; Taylor, MI: 9 Serious Violations
Legal Rights If Neglected or Abused in a Michigan Nursing Home
If you or a loved one suffered injuries due to nursing home neglect or nursing home abuse at a Michigan nursing home, you do have the legal right to file a civil lawsuit against the facility. In this type of lawsuit, the injured resident and the family of the resident can seek compensation for the injuries and medical care and treatment related to the injury. If the patient dies due to neglect, the family can seek damages under the Michigan Wrongful Death Act.
Free Michigan Nursing Home Neglect Book
If you would like more information about your legal rights after Michigan nursing home abuse or neglect, you can order our FREE book, "The Michigan Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Handbook," by top-rated Michigan lawyer Lawrence J. Buckfire. The book is an insider's report on nursing home abuse claims and includes why most nursing home injuries are never reported or discovered.
Contact a Michigan Nursing Home Neglect Lawyer
If you or a family member suffered from nursing home neglect and abuse, you should contact our Michigan nursing home abuse attorneys immediately. Call us now at (800) 606-1717 to speak with one of our experienced Michigan nursing home abuse lawyers about your case or simply submit this contact form and one of our attorneys will contact you immediately.