Motorcyclists account for 10.5 percent of all car accidents. According to reports done by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 62,000 motorcyclists died due to a car accident between the years of 1975 and 2005. Motorcycles represent only 3 percent of all registered vehicles; however, the number of deaths and injuries due to a motorcyclist hit by car is high.
Bike Riding Tips: Prevent Michigan Motorcycle AccidentsThe Michigan motorcycle accident lawyers of Buckfire & Buckfire P.C. want to ensure that you are safe on the road whether you are traveling alone, with a friend, or a family member. Below are some possible riding tips to help prevent the possibility of a motorcycle accident.
- Be aware of changing weather conditions
- Dress in bright clothing
- Drive defensively (assume the other driver does not see you)
- Ride in the center of a lane
- Avoid blind spots
- When riding in a group - ride single file to allow proper distance in case of an emergency
- Avoid speeding
- Keep motorcycle in functioning condition