Medical Malpractice
No Legal Fees Until You Settle or Win
Get Free Case Review

Medical Malpractice Lawsuits for Emergency Room Errors

Our Michigan medical malpractice lawyers represent victims of medical errors and mistakes in cases against hospital emergency rooms and emergency departments.  Quite often, a patient with a major medical emergency condition is not properly diagnosed or is discharged home with a life-threatening illness or condition. When a this type medical error occurs in the hospital  emergency department and a patient suffers significant injury or harm, it can give rise to a medical malpractice lawsuit. 

The most common emergency department medical mistakes that provide a basis for a medical malpractice lawsuit include:

•Failing to diagnose an infection, like meningitis

•Failing to diagnose appendicitis or bowel obstructions

•Failing to diagnose a heart attack

•Failing to order x-rays, CT Scans, MRIs, or other radiology tests

•Failing to consult with a specialist

•Failing to order necessary tests

•Failing to treat any condition that was previously properly diagnosed

•Failing to admit a patient to the hospital

•Discharging a patient before a proper medical workup

In cases in which a patient dies due to a medical error in a Michigan emergency department, the surviving family members can file a Michigan Wrongful Death Lawsuit.  In such a case, the family members sue the hospital for damages resulting from the death.  Damages include the loss of society and companionship of the family member, the loss of wages and services by the deceased, payment of funeral expenses, and other damages under Michigan law.

To determine whether you or someone you know has the legal basis to file a Michigan emergency room medical malpractice lawsuit, you should contact our office immediately to discuss your case.  There are strict time deadlines for filing cases and if you miss that deadline your case will be barred forever.  Fill out our contact form or call our medical malpractice lawyers at (800) 606-1717 to get started on your case.