Our Michigan personal injury lawyers frequently represent clients who have suffered eye injuries. A detailed knowledge and understanding of those injuries, their treatment, and their affect on the client is essential to achieving the best possible settlement for the injured client. We can help you.
Common Causes of Eye Injuries
An injury to an eye or both eyes can have a devastating effect on a person. While some causes of blindness and loss of vision are natural, other causes are due to accidents and intentional injuries. Common causes of eye injury include:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Medical malpractice & surgical errors
- Birth injuries
- Defective products (like air-bag injuries)
- Chemicals and household cleaners
- Penetrating objects into the eye
- Dog attacks
- Weapon discharges
- Assault and battery
- Sport injuries
- Industrial accidents
- Work injuries
Michigan Eye Injury Cases & Lawsuits
When an eye injury results in blindness or loss of vision, the injured person may have the right to file a lawsuit for compensation. The basis of the lawsuit will depend on the facts and circumstances causing the injury. Most eye injury cases are due the negligence of a person or business and could have been prevented with due care and caution.
How much are Eye Injury Lawsuit Settlements?
There is no formula or settlement calculator to determine the proper compensation in your case. Many factors are used to determine the amount of an eye injury settlement, including:
- The type of negligence that caused the injury
- The permanency of the injury
- The severity of the injury (complete vs. partial blindness)
- How the injury has affected the victim's life (inability drive, work, read, etc.)
- The age and occupation of the injured person
- Whether the injured person has suffered a loss of income or earnings, and if so, how much money?
- The amount of medical expenses (past, present, and future)
- The type and amount of insurance coverage available to pay your settlement.
Eye injury cases often result in substantial settlements due to the severe impact on a person's life. Our attorneys will discuss your case with you, evaluate the factors of your case, and give your our thoughts and opinions about the settlement value of your case.
Get Your Free Michigan Injury Book
To learn more about the laws in Michigan eye injury accidents, you should request our FREE BOOK, "The Ultimate Guide To Injury Cases in Michigan" which includes The "Biggest Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Injury Case." We will send it out immediately.
Best Michigan Eye Injury Lawyers
Our legal team includes the most successful eye injury accident attorneys in Michigan. Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. and our lawyers have won the top awards in the legal profession, including:
- U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms
- "Best Michigan Personal Injury Attorney" by American Lawyer Academy
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Michigan
- Honored as "Super Lawyers"
- Top Martindale-Hubbell Rating (AV) for Skill & Integrity
Michigan Eye Injury Lawyer No Fee Promise
Our Michigan eye injury attorneys will represent you in your case under our NO FEE PROMISE. This means that you will not be charged any legal fees whatsoever unless we obtain a settlement or recovery for you. You have absolutely no obligation for legal fees unless we win your case. If we do not obtain a settlement for you, you owe us nothing!
Contact Your Michigan Eye Injury Lawyers
Our Michigan eye injury lawyers are experienced trial attorneys who know what it takes to recover the maximum amount of compensation for your case. If you or a loved one has suffered a serious eye injury, call us at to learn about your legal right to a settlement.