Our Michigan drunk driving lawyers handle cases involving injury victims against drunk drivers and the establishment that served the alcohol throughout the State of Michigan. Motorists, bicyclists and pedestrians injured by drunk driver or intoxicated drivers have legal rights against the negligent driver and often also against the bar, restaurant, or establishment that served the drunk driver the alcohol that caused the intoxication. There are short deadlines for filing these cases so it is urgent to call us immediately to start your case.
Common Injuries Caused in Drunk Driving Accidents
The injuries caused by drunk drivers are serious and often catastrophic. Werepresent clients with all types pain and suffering injuries suffered in a drunk driving accident. These include traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, broken bones, back and neck injuries, knee injuries, shoulder injuries, scars, and all other serious injuries.
In case involving a fatal drunk accident in Michigan , we will file a Michigan Wrongful Death claim on behalf of the family. These lawsuits seek compensation payouts for the pain and suffering of the victim from the time of the accident until death, the loss of society and companionship of surviving family members, loss of income and support, medical bills, and funeral and burial expenses.
Our Recent Michigan Drunk Driving Settlements
We have obtained significant settlements for victims of drunk driving accidents in Michigan. We have listed some of these settlements below.
- $1,000,000 settlement for a victims’ family killed in a Michigan drunk driving accident.
- $ 500,000 settlement for a Lansing area woman struck by a drunk driver.
- $ 650,000 drunk driving accident settlement for lawsuit filed by a husband and wife against a drunk driver.
- $ 285,000 settlement for passengers in a mini van injured by a drunk driver in a head on crash.
- $ 280,000 Detroit car accident settlement for three clients who sustained serious injuries when hit by a drunk driver.
- $ 100,000 Michigan drunk driver crash settlement for a man who suffered severe orthopedic injuries in a car accident caused by a drunk driver.
- $ 100,000 pedestrian accident settlement against drunk driver in Wayne County, Michigan.
- $ 80,000 Michigan drunk driving settlement for an man struck and injured by a drunk driver in Michigan.
To view more of our Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. case results, visit our Michigan settlements and jury verdicts page.
What Determines the Settlement Payout in Drunk Driving Cases?
There are several factors that go into determining the settlement amount for a drunk driving victim in Michigan. These include:
- How the drunk driving accident occurred
- Where the drunk driving accident occurred
- Whether the drunk driver has insurance coverage for the accident
- The amount of the insurance policy limits for the case
- The type and location of the injuries (arms, face, legs)
- The seriousness of the injuries and the type of medical treatment
- The permanency of the scars and disfigurement
- The age and sex of the victim
- The amount of medical bills related to the drunk driving accident
What Is The Settlement Value of Your Michigan Drunk Driving Case?
Using the factors listed above, we can evaluate your drunk driving case and discuss with you a realistic settlement range. Of course, we may not know the answers to all of the different factors at the time of our discussion because much may be unknown at the time. That being said, we can tell you if you have a case worth pursuing and what the likelihood is of receiving a settlement for you case.
Get our Fee Michigan Drunk Driver Accident Book
If you would like more information about your legal rights after a Michigan drunk driving accident injury, you can order our FREE book, "The Michigan Drunk Driving Accident Handbook" by Michigan lawyer Lawrence J. Buckfire. The book serves as a guide to victims of Michigan drunk driving accidents on their legal rights. Our book sells for $14.95 on Amazon but Lawrence will send it to you for FREE.
Best Michigan Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
Our legal team includes the most successful drunk driving accident attorneys in Michigan. Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. and our lawyers have won the top awards in the legal profession, including:
- U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms
- "Best Michigan Personal Injury Attorney" by American Lawyer Academy
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Michigan
- Honored as "Super Lawyers"
- Top Martindale-Hubbell Rating (AV) for Skill & Integrity
- Member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Our No Fee Promise on Michigan Drunk Driver Accident Cases
You can afford to have the best accident law firm on your side. It literally costs nothing to get started and if your case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to get started
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls are always free, forever
Get Your Free Michigan Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Consultation
There are three ways to get started on your case. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. We will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online specialist and an attorney will call you soon.
- Call (888) 797-8787 any time of day to tell us about your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan drunk driving accident lawsuits.