Getting the best compensation for your Michigan dog bite claim is a job for an experienced lawyer. Our Michigan dog bite lawyers have obtained significant settlements to compensate victims of dog bites and attacks for over forty years. We have also won substantial jury verdicts in dog bite cases for our injured clients.
Compensation for dog bite injuries is determined by a number of factors and specific facts related to an incident. Factors that go into determining the amount of a settlement include:
- The facts surrounding the incident itself and the ferociousness of the dog attack.
- The size of any scars or disfigurements resulting from the dog bite. Location of the bite is also a big factor in determining fair compensation because scars on the face and arms generally receive higher compensation because they are more conspicuous, especially on women and children.
- Psychological trauma from the dog bites attack, including Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
- The type of medical treatment you received for your dog bite injuries, such as emergency treatment in a clinic or hospital, stitches, plastic surgery, or other medical care.
- If you will need future treatment for your dog bite injuries, this would likely increase the amount of your settlement.
- The total amount of medical bills and expenses incurred due to the attack.
- The amount lost wages and income you suffered from work time missed from the dog attack.
- The social effects that the injuries from the dog bite have had on your life.
- The amount of the insurance policy limits available from the dog owner’s insurance policy, which is usually either a business policy or homeowner’s insurance policy.
There is no specific formula and you must rely on the skill and expertise of your lawyer to maximize your compensation. Any person bitten or attacked by a dog in Michigan is entitled to compensation for pain and suffering damages, unless that person was a trespasser on private property or provoked the dog into the attack. Our dog bite lawyers understand how to maximize the compensation you receive to settle your case.
No Fee Promise Michigan Dog Bite Lawyers
Our NO FEE PROMISE guarantees you that you will receive the best possible legal representation for your Michigan dog bite case at no cost, unless you receive a settlement in your case. If we accept your case, we will perform all of the legal work and pay all of the file costs and expenses. We only charge legal fees if you receive compensation in your case and we only get paid our fees at the end of the case. This is a No Fee, No Win agreement.
Contact A Michigan Dog Bite Lawyer
For more information on how you can receive the best compensation after your Michigan dog bite or attack, call now to speak with one of our attorneys about your case, call us now at (800) 606-1717 or simply submit the GET HELP NOW form on this page and we will get back to you quickly.