Our bike accident lawyers in Michigan handle cases for bicyclists injured due to a defective highway, roadway, street, or sidewalk. Every six hours a bicycle accident happens in the United States, and although many of these accidents are due to negligence of another, many of times these bicycle accidents can be caused due to dangerous roadways.
Common Dangerous Road Issues That Cause Bicycle Accidents
There are many common roadway issues that pose a major threat to bicyclists. These dangerous roadways include:
- Improper trenching
- Loose debris
- Poor pavement transitions
- Overgrown trees or foliage
Evaluating Your Bicycle Accident Case
If you are a victim of a bicycle accident due to a dangerous roadway or defect, several factors may play a role in determining if you have a bicycle accident case. Questions you may want to have answered include:
- How long did the hazard exist?
- Is there a history of problems in that area?
- How was it created?
- Who is responsible for maintaining the roadway at issue?
Other actions you may want to take include:
- Obtaining prior collision records from the city or county through a public records act request or through the highway patrol
- Retaining a civil engineer familiar with roadway design and modification as an expert witness in cases where roadway design is to blame
- Contact a Michigan bike accident lawyer to discuss your case
- Review state highway design manual to see if specific requirements for roadway transitions are correct
Michigan Bike Accident Lawyer No Fee Promise
Our Michigan bike accident lawyers will represent you in your Michigan road, sidewalk, or highway defect injury case under our NO FEE PROMISE. This means that you will not be charged any legal fees whatsoever unless we obtain a settlement or recovery for you. You have absolutely no obligation for legal fees unless we win your case. If we do not obtain a settlement for you, you owe us nothing!
Contact Our Michigan Bike Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bicycle accident that was caused by a defective road or sidewalk, it is important you contact an attorney to learn about what legal options you have. Call our award winning lawyers today at (800) 606-1717 and an attorney will be available to speak with you about your situation. If we determine you have a claim, we will begin working on it immediately. There is literally nothing to lose, so call our expert Michigan cicycle accident attorneys today to get started on your lawsuit.