Our Michigan child lead poisoning lawyers handle cases in representing victims that have lead poisoning injuries throughout the State of Michigan. Lead poisoning injuries include loss of IQ points, learning disabilities, speech problems, developmental delays, hyperactivity and attention disorder (ADHD), delinquent and criminal behavior, brain damage, and even wrongful death. Because of the injuries caused by lead poisoning, many children will be unable to achieve their full intellectual potential and earning potential. Such children may need special education services for many years.
Our Recent Michigan Child Lead Poisoning Settlements
We have obtained significant settlements for victims of child lead poisoning in Michigan. We have listed some of these settlements below.
- $650,000 Detroit settlement for a lead poisoned child in an apartment in the City of Detroit. (Lawrence J. Buckfire)
- $475,000 Monroe Michigan lead poisoning settlement for a young girl who sustained learning disabilities and behavioral problems as the result of a landlord property scraping and torching lead-based paint in her apartment. (Lawrence J. Buckfire)
- $400,000 Muskegon settlement against landlord for a child suffering lead poisoning injuries after residing at a rental home in Muskegon, Michigan. (Robert J. Lantzy)
- $450,000 lead poisoning settlement for a 19-year-old man who suffered significant lead poisoning as an infant while residing in a rental property in Champaign County, Ohio. (Robert J. Lantzy)
- $375,000 settlement for lead-poisoned siblings at a rental apartment in the City of Detroit. (Lawrence J. Buckfire)
- $325,000 Toledo, Ohio lead poisoning settlement for a teenager who was hospitalized as a child due to high blood levels. (Lawrence J. Buckfire)
- $275,000 Detroit child lead poisoning settlement for a lead poisoned child in a single family home. (Lawrence J. Buckfire)
- $250,000 Lansing settlement for a lead poisoned child at a rental home. (Lawrence J. Buckfire)
- $250,000 Grand Rapids child lead poisoning settlement for child suffering brain injuries after living at a lead hazard rental home.
- $200,000 lead poisoning injury settlement for a child who suffers learning disabilities and behavioral problems. (Lawrence J. Buckfire)
- $197,500 Toledo settlement for lead poisoned siblings. (Lawrence J. Buckfire)
- $195,000 Michigan lead poisoning injuries settlement for siblings diagnosed with lead poisoning in a home purchased by their mother. The suit alleged misrepresentation by the real estate agent in the transaction.
- $85,000 settlement against landlord for an adult and one child who suffered lead poisoning injuries while living in a rental property. Victims suffer speech and language impairments, learning difficulties, and behavioral problems as a result. (Robert J. Lantzy)
- $60,000 settlement for a 17 year old who suffered lead poisoning injuries as a young child. (Robert J. Lantzy)
These are only a few of the many great settlements we have successfully attained for our lead poisoning injury clients. To view more of our Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. case results, visit our Michigan settlements and jury verdicts page.
What Determines A Michigan Child Lead Poisoning Settlement Case
There are several factors that go into determining what is a fair settlement for a child lead poisoning victim in Michigan. These include:
- How the child lead poisoning occurred
- Where the child lead poisoning occurred
- Whether the negligent person/persons have insurance coverage for child lead poisoning
- The amount of the insurance policy limits for the case
- The type and location of the injuries (arms, face, legs)
- The seriousness of the injuries and the type of medical treatment
- The permanency of the scars and disfigurement
- The age and sex of the victim
- The amount of medical bills related to the child lead poisoning
What Is The Value of Your Michigan Child Lead Poisoning Case
Using the factors listed above, we can evaluate your child lead poisoning case and discuss with you a realistic settlement range. Of course, we may not know the answers to all of the different factors at the time of our discussion because much may be unknown at the time. That being said, we can tell you if you have a case worth pursuing and what the likelihood is of receiving a settlement for you case.
FREE Child Injury Book By Michigan Child Lead Poisoning Lawyer
Our own book written by Michigan child lead poisoning lawyer Lawrence J. Buckfire, "Little Kids, BIG ACCIDENTS," is a parents' guide to child injury cases in Michigan. It educates parents and guardians, in plain English, about the legal rights of injured children in Michigan. We'll send it to you for FREE!
Our No Fee Promise For Michigan Child Lead Poisoning Cases
We will represent you in your Michigan child lead poisoning case under our Michigan NO FEE PROMISE. This means that you will not be charged any legal fees whatsoever unless we obtain a settlement or recovery for you. You have absolutely no obligation for legal fees unless we win your case. If we do not obtain a settlement for you, you owe us nothing!
Contact a Leading Michigan Lead Poisoning Lawyer
Parents of children injured in an accident should contact the Michigan Child Injury Lawyers of Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. Our office will start working on your case immediately and begin gathering the witness statements and evidence to prove and win your case. Call us now at (800) 606-1717 or simply submit this contact form to speak with one of our experienced Michigan child lead poisoning lawyers.