Our Michigan medical malpractice lawyers represent parents and their children who have suffered a brain injury due to medical mistakes or errors made by the doctor, nurse, hospital. These errors can also take place during the delivery of the baby, and be cause for a newborn to suffer from a severe brain injury.
It is devastating enough for a parent when they learn their child suffers from a brain injury. However, if the brain injury is a result of the negligence of a doctor, this can be even more devastating, and give rise to a Michigan medical malpractice lawsuit.
A medical malpractice lawsuit can only be filed when it is evident that a medical error or mistake caused brain injury or damage to your child. Our experience medical malpractice lawyers will review your medical chart and determine whether the injury was a direct result of the brain injury.
Most Common Types of Medical Malpractice Resulting in Child Brain Injury
Child brain injury can occur from numerous different factors of carelessness by the doctor or medical staff. The most common brain injuries in children or newborns resulting from medical malpractice are listed below.
- Oxygen deprivation to a newborn child during delivery
- Compression of the umbilical cord during delivery
- Maternal Infection present during the pregnancy or delivery
- Placental abruption or uterine rupture prior to birth
- Maternal high blood pressure during the pregnancy (preeclampsia)
- Breeched vaginal position of the baby (feet first rather than head first)
- Improper administration or dosage of epidural or labor inducing drugs during the delivery
- Failure to timely perform an emergency C-section
- Fetal macrosomia (oversized baby) unable to navigate the birth canal
- Medication errors
- Anesthesia errors
- Surgical errors
- Emergency room doctor errors
- Delay in diagnosing and treatment of infection
Michigan Child Brain Injury Medical Malpractice Attorneys No Fee Promise
We will represent you and your child in your Michigan brain injury malpractice case under our NO FEE PROMISE. This means that you will not be charged any legal fees whatsoever unless we obtain a settlement or recovery for you. You have absolutely no obligation for legal fees unless we win your case. If we do not obtain a settlement for you, you owe us nothing!
Contact Your Michigan Child Brain Injury Medical Malpractice Attorney Today
Parents of a child who suffered a brain injury due to medical malpractice should contact the Michigan child brain injury medical malpractice attorneys at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. Call us now at (800) 606-1717 to speak with one of our experienced lawyers about your case.