Our Michigan personal injury lawyers handle cases in representing individuals who have sustained a traumatic brain injury. The brain is a complex and vital organ that shapes who we are. If it should experience damage, life-altering effects on a victim's emotional and physical well-being can occur, as well as also the possibility of severe damage to the physical nature of the brain. For this reason, traumatic brain injuries may require years, if not decades of special care and rehabilitation from care facilities.
TBI's often occur as a result of a car accident, motorcycle accident, slip and fall accident, sports-related injury accident, or work related accidents, particularly positions that require the use of heavy machinery.
Our attorneys have obtained significant traumatic brain injury settlements for victims injured in a Michigan accident. We have listed some of these settlements below.
- $250,000 settlement for Michigan child who suffered brain damage from lead poisoning as an infant.
- $170,000 settlment for a driver who sustained a traumatic brain injury in a Macomb County rollover car accident.
- $137,500 settlement against insurance company for attendant care benefits to a victim who sustained a traumatic brain injury after being involved in an auto accident.
- $100,000 settlement for a pedestrian that was hit by a drunk driver. The victim suffered from a traumatic brain injury, fractures to the spine and a broken arm.
- $85,000 settlement for passenger woman who suffered a mild traumatic brain injury in a Pittsfield Township single vehicle car accident.
- Substantial confidential settlement for a traumatic brain injury in a car accident in Michigan.
These are only a few of the many great settlements we have successfully attained for our brain injury accident clients. To view more of our Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. case results, visit our Michigan settlements and jury verdicts page.
Getting the maximum settlement for your case does require the assistance of an expert and qualified personal injury lawyer. There are several factors that go into determining what is a fair settlement for a traumatic brain injury in Michigan. These include:
- How the injury occur
- Where the injury occurred
- Whether the negligent person/facility has insurance coverage
- The amount of the insurance policy limits for the case
- The seriousness of the injuries and the type of medical treatment
- The length of medical treatment required to treat injury
- The amount of time missed from work due to the injury
- The age and sex of the victim
- The amount of medical bills related to the brain injury (past, present, and future)
Using the factors listed above, our top rated attorneys can evaluate your accident claim and discuss with you a realistic settlement range you or your loved one's traumatic brain injury. Of course, we may not know the answers to all of the different factors at the time of our discussion because much may be unknown at the time. That being said, we can tell you if you have a case worth pursuing and what the likelihood is of receiving a settlement for you case.
For more information about your rights after a TBI in Michigan, call our award winning law firm office now at (800) 606-1717. We offer a Free, No Obligation Case Review and will be able to offer you sound advice on your legal options. Best of all, we will represent you under our No Win, No Fee Promise. This means that you will not be charged any legal fees whatsoever until we obtain a rotator cuff settlement or recovery for you. Call now!
Traumatic Brain Injury Resources