Bicycle Accidents
No Legal Fees Until You Settle or Win
Get Free Case Review

Michigan Attendant Care Lawyer Settles Bicycle Accident Insurance Lawsuit

Our Michigan attendant care claims lawyers settled a lawsuit against Geico Insurance Company related to a bicycle accident.  Our client was riding her bicycle in Monroe, Michigan and was struck by a car.  She suffered very serious injuries in the accident, including a closed head injury and serious orthopedic injuries.  Due to her injuries, she required attendant care services for supervision, care, and assistance.

Attendant Care services commonly include, but are not limited to: preparing meals and feeding; assistance with personal hygiene, such as dressing and bathing; attending to wounds; assistance with medication; providing transportation to and from medical appointments; and supervision and monitoring, etc.

Claims for attendant care services were submitted to Geico Insurance but the company refused to pay them, despite the recommendation of a treating physician.  We filed a lawsuit against the insurance company to force payment of those benefits.  The case proceeded to a mandatory Case Evaluation at the Monroe County Circuit Court.  Both sides accepted the settlement recommendation of $35,000.00.   We had previously obtained a significant settlement for our client against the negligent driver to compensate her for her pain and suffering injuries.

Bicyclists hit by car in Michigan do have legal rights. If you or someone you know was struck by a motor vehicle while riding their bike and suffer injuries, you may be eligible to attain attendant care services or other no-fault benefits. The key to obtaining your insurance benefits after a bicycle accident is determining which no-fault insurance company is responsible for paying your benefits.

In Michigan, there is an Order of Priority for determining which insurer must pay benefits. First, if you own an insured vehicle then your own car insurance company will pay those benefits. If you do not have an insured vehicle, then the next source of insurance coverage would be a relative living in the same household as you with auto insurance. If neither of those apply, then the auto insurance company for the motor vehicle that struck you would be responsible for paying your benefits. If that vehicle was not insured, you would be able to make your claim with the Assigned Claims Facility.

To help determine which insurance is responsible for paying your attendant care services, or if the insurance company has denied the no-fault benefits you are entitled to receive call our top rated Michigan attendant care claims lawyers today at (800) 606-1717.  We will start working on your case immediately gathering all evidence and making sure you file your claim with the correct insurance company.  Call now!

Lawrence J. Buckfire
Connect with me
Best Michigan personal injury lawyer winning highest settlements for injury, malpractice, & accident victims.