The Michigan personal injury lawyers at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. are thrilled to announce the third annual Medical School Diversity Scholarship Program. Located in Southfield, Michigan, Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. represents clients in personal injury and medical malpractice cases. The Medical School Diversity Scholarship Program was created in 2013 as part of the law firm's commitment to helping medical students in need of financial assistance achieve their academic and professional dreams.
The scholarship will award $2,000.00 to one student selected by our scholarship selection committee. In order to be considered for the scholarship, the student must be a member of an ethnic, racial, or other minority, or demonstrate commitment to issues of diversity within their community.
- Applicant is a member of an ethnic, racial, or other minority or any individual who demonstrates a defined commitment to issues of diversity within their community.
- Applicant is a U.S. citizen currently attending an accredited medical school within the United States.
- Academic achievement as reflected by a minimum 3.0 GPA and have completed at least one semester of classes at an accredited medical school.
One student will be awarded $2,000.00. The winner of the 2016 Medical School Diversity Scholarship will be notified via phone by June 1, 2016.
The Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. Medical School Diversity Scholarship award is to be used exclusively for college and university tuition and related expenses. A check for $2,000.00 will be made payable to the recipient's institution to cover these expenses and he or she is expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.
In order to apply for the Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. Medical School Diversity Scholarship Program, an applicant must submit the following items on or before April 1, 2016:
- A completed scholarship application form. Click here for the 2016 Medical School Diversity Scholarship application form.
- A one page typed essay describing how you have utilized your time promoting ethnic diversity within your community. Alternatively, you may write about how you will use your medical degree to promote ethnic diversity in the future.
- A certified, official copy of medical school transcript.
HOW TO APPLY
Application materials should be mailed to:
Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C
Attn: Medical Scholarship
29000 Inkster Road, Suite 150
Southfield, MI, 48034
Please note: We do not accept fax or e-mail applications. All required items should be mailed together in one package.
Completed applications must be post marked no later than April 1, 2016. No exceptions.