Our Michigan medical malpractice lawyers handle cases against Kalamazoo hospitals and their staff members for medical errors involving hospital patients. These lawsuits include claims for medical mistakes against doctors, clinics, urgent care offices, hospital nursing staff, and hospital pharmacies.
Types of Kalamazoo Medical Malpractice Cases
There are many types of injuries and illnesses that can result from the negligence of medical staff, including the following:
- Birth injuries, including Cerebral Palsy
- Surgical errors during surgery and post-operative care
- Operating room mistakes including surgical fires
- Anesthesia mistakes causing injury or death
- Radiology errors & misread x-rays
- Nursing negligence
- Patient Falls and dropped patients
- Medication mistakes, including allergic reactions
- Hospital infections, including sepsis
- Misdiagnosis of serious medical conditions
- Failure to diagnose serious medical conditions
- Wrongful Death
Can I Sue a Hospital for Negligence and Medical Malpractice?
Although any treatment or medical procedure has inherent risks, when a medical team is negligent in their care of a patient, the hospital may be liable for harm caused to the individual and their family.
Even if you signed a consent form before a surgery or procedure, you do not waive your right to file a medical malpractice lawsuit. If you were the victim of a medical error or mistake, a hospital cannot prevent you from suing and a court will support this.
In Kalamazoo, the largest community hospitals include:
- Bronson Methodist Hospital
- Bronson Children’s Hospital
- Bronson Advanced Radiology Services
We will perform a detailed analysis of your treatment to determine whether you or someone you know has been the victim of malpractice or negligent care.
What Consitutes a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
Medical malpractice lawsuits sue healthcare institutions or specific members of a healthcare team for negligence that caused a harmful outcome. Negligence can take the form of misdiagnosis, failure to diagnose, mistakes during surgery, improper treatment, and failure to conduct necessary medical tests before disharging a paitent.
Medical malpractice lawsuits aim to get compensation for the individual or family harmed. Compensation can include economic losses, such as loss of earnings or loss of financial support, and non-economic losses, such as pain and suffering.
If in the unfortunate case negligence leads to the death of a patient, the family can file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Get Our Free Medical Malpractice Book
To learn more about the laws in Michigan medical malpractice cases, you should request our FREE BOOK, "The Ultimate Michigan Medical Malpractice Handbook." It sells for $14.95 on Amazon, but we will send it out to you immediately for free.
Who are the Best Rated Kalamazoo Area Medical Malpractice Lawyers?
Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. and our lawyers have won the top awards in the legal profession, including:
- U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms
- "Best Michigan Personal Injury Attorney" by American Lawyer Academy
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Michigan
- Honored as "Super Lawyers"
- Top Martindale-Hubbell Rating (AV) for Skill & Integrity
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Our No Fee Promise on Kalamazoo Medical Malpractice Cases
Don't be concerned about the money you might need to hire a lawyer. You can afford to have the best medical malpractice law firm on your side without paying a penny out of your pocket. It literally costs nothing to get started and if your medical malpractice case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
Start Your Kalamazoo Medical Malpractice Claim Today
There are three ways to get started on your medical malpractice case today to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. A medical malpractice attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call (800) 606-1717 any time of day to speak with an injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There is a strict time deadline for filing Kalamazoo medical malpractice lawsuits. Call us today to learn more about Kalamazoo medical malpractice laws.