Victims of medical errors do have legal rights. If you or a family member has been injured due to a medical error, it may give rise to a Michigan medical malpractice lawsuit. Our Michigan medical malpractice lawyers represent victims who suffer injuries due to the negligence of medical staff.
Most Common Medical ErrorsAccording to several research studies, a total of 225,000 Americans have died as a result of their medical treatment. Listed below are the common medical errors performed in the U.S., along with the number of deaths per year caused due to that medical error:
- Unnecessary surgery – 12,000 deaths per year
- Medication errors in hospitals – 7,000 deaths per year
- Other errors in hospitals – 20,000 deaths per year
- Infections in hospitals – 80,000 deaths per year
- Negative effects of drugs – 106,000 deaths per year