Our Macomb County car accident lawyers help victims injured in in all types of motor vehicle accidents. We will represent you or someone you care about in your claim for personal injuries and Michigan no-fault insurance benefits. We settle more than 97% of our cases for the maximum amount before ever going to court.
Our attorney's have earned the highest possible ratings in the legal profession and receive great reviews from our past and present clients. We specialize in auto crashes that result in serious injury and harm to drivers, passengers, pedestrians, motorcyclists, and bicyclists.
Types Macomb County Car Accidents We Handle
We can help you if you were injured in any type of auto accident, including a:
- Car accident
- Motorcycle accident
- Truck accident
- Bus accident
- Bicycle accident
- Pedestrian accident
- Drunk driving accident
- Hit & run accident
We will assist you in filing all of your insurance paperwork and will deal directly with the adjuster for you. We will also negotiate a top settlement for you against the driver that caused the crash. In fatal car accident cases, we will file a Wrongful Death Lawsuit on behalf of the family.
Macomb County Main Roadways for Accidents
We also handle accident cases that occur on main roads, streets, private subdivisions, and in parking lots.
How to Get Your Macomb County Traffic Accident Report
As part of any Macomb County car accident case or any Michigan auto insurance claim, it is necessary to obtain the police traffic accident report. These reports are available to you by simply contacting the police agency and requesting the report. There is usually a fee for the report. If you choose us to represent you in your case, we will get and pay for the report and then provide you with your own copy.
For a motor vehicle crash that occurred in Macomb County, you can request the traffic crash from the investigating police agency. This may be the city or township police department, the Macomb County Sherrif's Office, or the Michigan State Police Department. Most accidents that occur on public highways are investigated by the state police and you can order those reports online at Michigan Traffic Crash Report.
How Our Lawyers Help You After a Macomb County Car Accident
The Michigan No-Fault Insurance laws are confusing. You need to know your legal rights after a Macomb County car accident.
When you choose us for your car accident case, we will:
- Get the accident report, witness statements, and full police investigation file
- Get all of your medical records, hospital records, and treatment records
- Deal directly with your auto insurance company adjuster for you
- Provide you with advice on your Mini-Tort property damage claim
- Submit all of your claims for medical bills, lost wages, and other no-fault insurance benefits
- Communicate with the insurance adjuster to make sure all benefits have been paid
- Determine the insurance policy limits for every possible insurer
- File a lawsuit against the negligent driver that caused your accident
- Sue the negligent driver, owner of the car, and insurance company for your pain and suffering compensation
- Negotiate with the insurance adjusters for you
- Get you the best car accident settlement for your pain and suffering as well as any additional compensation
Common Macomb County Auto Accident Injuries
There are close to 300,000 auto accidents in Michigan every year. Many of these result in serious injuries and death. More than 800 people died in fatal car accidents in Michigan in 2014. Almost 5,000 accident victims suffered incapacitating injuries that required hospitalization and prevented them from work and normal activities.
Our auto accident attorneys represent clients with all types pain and suffering injuries after a serious auto accident. These include traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, broken bones, back and neck injuries, knee injuries, shoulder injuries, scars, and all other serious injuries. In case involving a fatal car accident in Port Huron, we will file a Michigan Wrongful Death claim on behalf of the family.
What Factors Determine Macomb County Car Accident Settlements & Compensation?
There are a number of factors that determine the amount of a Macomb County car accident settlement. Every case and every injury victim is different, so there is not set formula to determine the right amount of the settlement. Accident victims can claim a personal injury settlement that include compensation for these types of damages:
- Pain & Suffering (at the time of the accident and going into the future)
- Fright & Shock
- Psychological Injuries (like PTSD & depression)
- Scars & Permanent Disfigurements
- Disability from Work & Activities
- Loss of Income & Wages (past, present, & future)
- Bystander Claims (witnessing a family member injured in an accident)
- Death (filing a Wrongful Death Lawsuit)
How Much Are Macomb County Car Accident Settlements?
The amount of compensation for a Macomb County auto accident depends on a number of factors. These include:
- Which driver was at fault for the accident
- How serious the injured party was hurt
- The type of medical treatment received
- Whether there was a loss of earnings or wages
- The permanency of the injuries suffered
- Whether there are any scars or permanent disfigurements
- The amount of insurance coverage available to pay the claim
Examples of Some Macomb County Area Car Accident Settlements
Our expert car accident lawyers have won top settlements and jury verdicts for our clients. Below are examples of auto injury cases handled by our law firm.
- $1,800,000 Settlement for a Lansing area woman who suffered a brain injury in an accident on I-96.
- $1,375,000 Settlement for a woman who suffered spinal cord injury in a Detroit car accident that caused paralysis.
- $1,000,000 Judgment against a negligent driver for hitting a bicyclist in a Detroit suburb.
- $1,000,000 Settlement for a Macomb County truck accident wrongful death lawsuit
- $ 950,000 Settlement in St. Clair County for a woman who suffered serious injuries in a car accident.
- $ 900,000 Settlement an Eaton County, Michigan wrongful death settlement
- $ 700,000 Settlement for an I-94 auto accident near Ann Arbor
- $ 525,000 Settlement for a Detroit man who suffered a fractured pelvis from in a highway shoulder accident.
Get Our Free Michigan Car Accident Book
If you would like more information about your legal rights after a Michigan car accident, you can order our FREE book written by Michigan car accident lawyer Lawrence J. Buckfire, "The Ultimate Michigan Car Accident Handbook" by clicking on the book link. We will send it out immediately along with other important information on car accident and No-Fault Insurance claims.
Who are the Best Rated Macomb County Area Auto Accident Lawyers?
Our legal team includes the most successful car accident attorneys in Michigan. Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. and our lawyers have won the top awards in the legal profession, including:
- U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms
- "Best Michigan Personal Injury Attorney" by American Lawyer Academy
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Michigan
- Honored as "Super Lawyers"
- Top Martindale-Hubbell Rating (AV) for Skill & Integrity
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Our No Fee Promise on Macomb County Car Accident Cases
Worried that you do not have the money to hire a great lawyer? We will get started on your case right now without any money out of your pocket. We promise you:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
If your case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We put that in writing for you.
Start Your Macomb County Car Accident Claim Today
There are three ways to get started on your car accident case today to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. An auto accident attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call (888) 797-8787 any time of day to speak with an injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There is a strict time deadline for filing Michigan car accident lawsuits. Call us today to learn more about Michigan auto accident laws.
Our lawyers handle auto injury cases throughtout the County of Macomb, including in Center Line, Eastpointe, Fraser, Grosse Pointe Shores, Memphis, Mount Clemens, New Baltimore, Richmond, Roseville, St. Clair Shores, Sterling Heights, Utica, Warren, and all other cities, villages, and townships in Macomb County.