The Michigan personal injury lawyers at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. are pleased to announce the third annual Law School Diversity Scholarship Program. Located in Southfield, Michigan, Buckfire & Buckfire P.C. represents clients in personal injury and medical malpractice cases. The Law School Diversity Scholarship Program was created in 2013 as part of the law firm's commitment to helping law students who are in need of financial assistance achieve their academic and professional dreams.
The scholarship will award $2,000.00 to one student selected by our scholarship selection committee. In order to be considered for the scholarship, the student must be a member of an ethnic, racial, or other minority, or demonstrate commitment to issues of diversity within their community.
- Applicant is a member of an ethnic, racial, or other minority or any individual who demonstrates a defined commitment to issues of diversity within their community.
- Applicant is a U.S. citizen currently attending an accredited law school within the United States.
- Academic achievement as reflected by a minimum 3.0 GPA and have completed at least one semester of class at an accredited law school.
$2,000.00 will be awarded to one student. The winner of the 2016 Law School Diversity Scholarship will be notified via phone by June 1, 2016.
The Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. 2016 Law School Diversity Scholarship award is to be used exclusively for college and university tuition and related expenses. A check for $2,000.00 will be made payable to the recipient's institution to cover these expenses and he or she is expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.
In order to apply for the Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. 2016 Law School Diversity Scholarship Program an applicant must submit the following items on or before April 1, 2016:
- A completed scholarship application form. Click here for 2016 Law School Diversity Scholarship application form.
- A one page typed essay describing how you have utilized your time promoting ethnic diversity within your community. Alternatively, you may write about how you will use your law degree to promote ethnic diversity in the future.
- A certified, official copy of law school transcript.
HOW TO APPLY
Application materials should be mailed to:
Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C.
Attn: Law Scholarship
25800 Northwestern Highway, Ste. 890
Southfield, MI 48075
Please note: We do not accept fax or e-mail applications. All required items should be mailed together in one package.
Completed applications must be post marked no later than April 1, 2016. No exceptions.