According to statistics, in 2010, alcohol was listed as the leading factor in 19% of boating accident deaths. In addition, the U.S. had 395 boating accidents with alcohol as a contributing factor. These accidents produced 154 deaths, and 344 injuries. Michigan accounted for 16 of the accidents, 8 fatalities, and 11 injuries. Boating accidents are 100 percent preventable. Although, there isn’t a lot of fixed or unfixed objects you can hit on the water, injuries still can occur.
The Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. law firm for boat accidents in Michigan realize the devastation a boat accident injury can have on you and your family. Our Michigan law firm represents clients in boat accident cases throughout the state of Michigan. Our attorneys are dedicated to protecting your interests and handling your case with personal attention, professionalism, and compassion.
Boat Accidents in Michigan
Boating accidents are very serious and cause a lot of deaths and injuries. The following is a list of some of the most common types of reportable boating accidents:
- Grounding, capsizing, sinking, or flooding/swamping.
- Falls in or overboard a vessel.
- Persons ejected from a vessel.
- Fire or explosions that occur while underway and while anchored, moored or docked if the fire resulted from the vessel or vessel equipment.
- Water-skiing or other mishap involving a towable device.
- Collision with another vessel or object.
- Striking a submerged object.
- A person struck by a vessel, propeller, propulsion unit, or steering machinery.
- Carbon monoxide exposure.
- Electrocution due to stray current related to a vessel.
- Casualties where natural causes served as a contributing factor in the death of an individual, but the determined cause of death was drowning.
- Casualties from natural phenomena such as interaction with marine life and interaction with nature.
- Casualties where a person fall off an anchored vessel.
Finding Your Law Firm For Boat Accidents in Michigan
Victims of boat accidents do have legal rights and should pursue them immediately after the accident. When choosing your law firm for your boat accident in Michigan, it is key to choose the right lawyer so that you may receive a fair settlement. .
Our firm has represented boat accident victims and their families for over 40 years throughout the State of Michigan, and has the knowledge, expertise, and experience in handling these types of cases. In fact, most of our clients are referred to us from other clients, who have placed their trust in us to represent family members, friends and colleagues. To read some our testimonials, read our client reviews page.
No Fee Promise Law Firm For Boat Accidents in Michigan Cases
We will represent you in your Michigan boat accident case under our NO FEE PROMISE. This means that you will not be charged any legal fees whatsoever unless we obtain a settlement or recovery for you. You have absolutely no obligation for legal fees unless we win your case. If we do not obtain a settlement for you, you owe us nothing!
Contact Your Law Firm For Boat Accident in Michigan
For more information about your rights after a Michigan boat accident, call us at (800) 606-1717 to speak with an experienced boat accident lawyer. The Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. law firm will start working on your case immediately gathering all the evidence and witness statements to win and settle your case. Call today for your free consultation and learn your legal rights!