Our Kalamazoo nursing home abuse lawyers represent nursing home residents and their families in lawsuits against nursing homes and residential care facilities. There are strict laws and regulations to protect the safety and welfare of these residents. Unfortunately, nursing home patients do not always receive appropriate care and the results can be severe and are often deadly.
When an elderly person moves into a nursing home, the family places a tremendous amount of trust in the facility and its staff. If the patient is injured or dies due to improper treatment and neglect, that person or his or her family should explore taking action against the facility.
Causes of Kalamazoo Nursing Home Abuse
Our expert attorneys pursue cases for many different causes of nursing home abuse and neglect. These include:
- Failure to turn or move immobile patients
- Failure to bathe patients
- Failure to supervise patients in baths and showers
- Failure to monitor nutrition and hydration/malnutrition
- Failure to use bed rails
- Verbal abuse of residents
- Failure to supervise patients
- Failure to train staff properly
- Patients wandering away from the facility
- Reduced staff-patient ratios
Kalamazoo Nursing Home & Assisted Living Facilities
There are a number of skilled nursing care facilities in the City of Kalamazoo. These include the following:
Alamo Nursing Home Inc
Harold And Grace Upjohn Community
Heartland Health Care Center - Kalamazoo
Tendercare Of Westwood
The Springs At The Fountains
Kalamazoo Nursing Home Abuse Symptoms
The Kalamazoo nursing home abuse lawyers at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C., recommend that families be alert to these signs of nursing home abuse:
- Medication Errors
- Pressure sores and bed sores
- Infections, including gangrene
- Unexplained falls resulting in broken bones
- Fractures (frequently hips)
- Debicutus Ulcers
- Withdrawal, failure to speak, or
- Unusual fears
- Residents wandering away from the facility
Legal Rights After A Kalamazoo Nursing Home Abuse Injury
Patients and their families can file civil lawsuits seeking money compensation for the injuries suffered due to nursing home neglect and abuse. In situations in which a patient dies due to the negligence of the facility, the family can file a Michigan wrongful death claim for the loss of their loved one.
Free Michigan Nursing Home Injury Book
If you would like more information about your legal rights after a Michigan nursing home or assisted living injury, you can order our FREE book, "The Michigan Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Handbook," by top-rated Michigan assisted living injury lawyer Lawrence J. Buckfire. The book is an insider's report on assisted living neglect claims and includes why most assisted living injuries are never reported or discovered. Our book sells for $14.95 on Amazon but Lawrence will send it to you for FREE!
Who are the Best Rated Kalamazoo Area Nursing Home Injury Lawyers?
Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. and our lawyers have won the top awards in the legal profession, including:
- U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms
- "Best Michigan Personal Injury Attorney" by American Lawyer Academy
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Michigan
- Honored as "Super Lawyers"
- Top Martindale-Hubbell Rating (AV) for Skill & Integrity
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Our No Fee Promise on Kalamazoo Nursing Home Abuse Cases
Don't be concerned about the money you might need to hire a lawyer. You can afford to have the best nursing home injury law firm on your side without paying a penny out of your pocket. It literally costs nothing to get started and if your nursing home injury case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
Start Your Kalamazoo Nursing Home Abuse Claim Today
There are three ways to get started on your nursing home injury case today to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. A nursing home injury attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call (800) 606-1717 any time of day to speak with an injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There is a strict time deadline for filing Kalamazoo nursing home abuse lawsuits. Call us today to learn more about Kalamazoo nursing home laws.
- Kalamazoo District Court
- Kalamazoo County Circuit Court
- Kalamazoo County Sheriff's Office
- Kalamazoo Wiki Page
Searching for a "Lawyer Near Me?" We handle nursing home neglect & abuse cases in Galesburg, Kalamazoo, Parchment, Portage, Alamo Township, Brady Township, Charleston Township, Climax Township, Comstock Charter Township, Cooper Charter Township, Kalamazoo Charter Township, Oshtemo Charter Township, Pavilion Township, Prairie Ronde Township, Richland Township, Ross Township, Schoolcraft Township, Texas Charter Township, Wakeshma Township, and all other cities and townships in Kalamazoo County, Michigan.