During the winter months driving can be treacherous and frightening. Conditions like snowstorm whiteouts, which obstruct visibility, and “black ice” makes the roads and driving very dangerous and unpredictable. Living in Michigan one should be used to driving in snow, however statistics prove that drivers forget how to handle winter weather driving conditions.
The Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. auto accident attorneys represent victims of winter car accidents in Michigan. We have obtained millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts for clients seriously injured in Michigan winter car accidents and settle over 95% of our cases for maximum value without ever going to court.
Michigan Winter Driving Safety Tips
To further prevent winter car accidents from happening, our auto accident lawyers in Michigan want to provide come helpful advice for winter driving if an emergency shall arise. These winter driving safety tips include:
- Buckle up!
- Try to avoid driving when there is a snow emergency in your county.
- Four-wheel drive vehicles are just as vulnerable to slipping on ice as regular two-wheel drive vehicles.
- Should your car begin to skid, remember not to panic or slam on your brakes. Take your foot off the gas pedal and immediately steer in the direction of the skid.
- Increase following distance
- Remember bridges and ramps freeze first
- Never pass a snow plow or salt truck Operators may not see you or your car may get caught on a snow-covered plow edge. Stay at least 25 feet, or three car lengths, behind a snow emergency vehicle.
- Do not abandon your vehicle; wait in your car until help arrives. If your car breaks down, always move your vehicle off the roadway as far as possible. Try to leave a distress signal so you a visible.
FREE Michigan Car Accident Book
Our own book, written by Michigan car accident lawyer Daniel L. Buckfire, "The Ultimate Michigan Car Accident Handbook," has been called the best book ever written for persons injured in Michigan car accidents. It answers all of your questions, in plain English, about your legal rights against negligent drivers as well as your available benefits under the Michigan No-Fault Law. We'll send it to you for FREE!
Winter Car Accident Michigan Lawyers No Fee Promise
Our winter car accident lawyers will represent you in your case under our NO FEE PROMISE. This means that you will not be charged any legal fees whatsoever unless we obtain a settlement or recovery for you. You have absolutely no obligation for legal fees unless we win your case. If we do not obtain a settlement for you, you owe us nothing!
Contact Your Michigan Winter Car Accident Lawyer
Individuals injured in a winter car accident in Michigan should contact the lawyers at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. Our office will start working on your case immediately and begin gathering the witness statements and evidence to prove and win your case. Call today at (800) 606-1717 for your free consultation. We will answer all questions that you may have and explain your legal rights to you.