Our Grand Rapids motorcycle accident lawyers represent motorcyclists and passengers injured in crashes in Grand Rapids and the surrounding areas. These include injury claims for injured bikers hit by cars, trucks, and even other motorcycles. We also file lawsuits against insurance companies who refuse to pay no-fault insurance benefits, including lost wages and medical expenses. Our law firm will help you win the best and highest settlement for your case.
Our experienced attorneys also file claims against road commissions and governmental agencies for bikers injured due to a dangerous highway or defective road, including pot holes and shoulder drop-offs. There are strict time deadlines for filing these governmental claims so it is important that you contact us as soon as possible after the accident. We will need to take photographs and get witness statements to protect your claim so you should call us immediately to start investigating your case.
Unfortunately, there are many fatal motorcycle accident that occur in the Grand Rapids area. In cases involving the death of a biker or passenger, we will file a Michigan Wrongful Death Lawsuit on behalf of the surviving family members. These lawsuits get compensation for the pain and suffering of the decedent and for the loss of society and companionship suffered by the family members.
Where Do Grand Rapids Motorcycle Accidents Happen?
Grand Rapids, Michigan is located in Southwestern Kent County and is the second largest city in the state. The estimated population of the Grand Rapids metropolitan area is 1,005,648.
Grand Rapids motorcycle accidents often happen on the major roads and highways in and near the city. The major highways and thoroughfares located in the Grand Rapids are include:
- I-196 (Ford Freeway)
- US 131
What are the Causes of Grand Rapids Motorcycle Accidents?
Motorcycle accidents usually occur because the driver of another motor vehicle is not paying attention to the biker, driving carelessly, or speeding excessively. Distracted driving is now also a major factor in causing crashes.
These accidents are almost always the fault of the motorist and not the biker. According to statistics, the most common types of motorcycle accidents in Grand Rapids are:
- Single vehicle accidents
- Rear end accidents
- Angled rear end accidents
- Sideswipe accidents
- Head on left turn accidents
How to Get Your Grand Rapids Motorcycle Accident Report
For a motorcycle accident that occurred in Grand Rapids, you can request your report directly from the Grand Rapids Police Department.
Grand Rapids Police Department
1 Monroe Center St NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
You can also get the Traffic Crash Report from any Michigan law enforcement agency online through the Michigan State Police website. If you choose us as your motorcycle accident attorneys, we will get all of the reports for you and have our investigator interview witnesses and take photographs.
How Much are Grand Rapids Motorcycle Accident Settlements?
There is no such thing as a settlement calculator to determine the amount of compensation you will be paid after motorcycle accident. Factors in determining the amount of your settlement include:
- Who was at fault for the accident and to what degree for each party
- The seriousness of your injuries
- The type of medical treatment received, like surgery and physical therapy
- The permanency of your injuries and whether you will ever fully recover
- The nature of any scars or other permanent disfigurements
- The amount of insurance available to pay your claim
In cases involving a fatal motorcycle accident, we will file a wrongful death lawsuit for the surviving family members. Settlements in these lawsuits include compensation for pain and suffering of the decedent from the time of accident until death, the loss of society and companionship for the family, loss of income and support, and payment of funeral and burial expenses. We will handle of all the required probate court work to start and finish your case.
Who are the Best Grand Rapids Motorcycle Accident Lawyers?
Our legal team includes the most successful motorcycle accident attorneys in Michigan. Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. and our lawyers have won the top awards in the legal profession, including:
- U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms
- "Best Michigan Personal Injury Attorney" by American Lawyer Academy
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Michigan
- Honored as "Super Lawyers"
- Top Martindale-Hubbell Rating (AV) for Skill & Integrity
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Our No Fee Promise on Grand Rapids Motorcycle Accident Cases
It costs you nothing to have our Grand Rapids motorcycle attorneys get started on your case. If we cannot get you a settlement, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to start your case or anytime until receive your settlement
- We pay all case costs and expenses for your motorcycle accident lawsuit
- You are charged no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- We will meet with you and take your phone calls as often as you request at no charge
Start Your Grand Rapids Motorcycle Accident Claim
Get started on your Grand Rapids motorcycle accident case today. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page and will we contact quickly.
- Type an online chat in the pop up box and a lawyer will read it and call you.
- Call (800) 606-1717 any time of day to speak with our attorneys about your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Grand Rapids motorcycle accident lawsuits. Call us to learn more about Grand Rapids motorcycle accident lawsuits and settlements.
Grand Rapids Resources
- Grand Rapids District Court
- Kent County Circuit Court
- Grand Rapids Police Department
- Grand Rapids Wiki Page
Searching for a "Lawyer Near Me?" We handle motorcycle accident cases in Cedar Springs, East Grand Rapids, Grand Rapids, Grandville, Kentwood, Lowell, Rockford, Walker, Wyoming, Ada Township, Algoma Township, Alpine Township, Bowne Township, Byron Township, Caledonia Charter Township, Cannon Township, Cascade Charter Township, Courtland Township, Gaines Charter Township, Grand Rapids Charter Township, Grattan Township, Lowell Charter Township, Nelson Township, Oakfield Township, Plainfield Charter Township, Solon Township, Sparta Township, Spencer Township, Tyrone Township, Vergennes Township, and all other cities and townships in Kent County, Michigan.