Our Grand Rapids medical malpractice lawyers handle medical malpractice cases against doctors, clinics, urgent care centers, nursing homes, pharmacies, and hospitals for medical errors and medical malpractice that cause injuries or death to the patient. When a patient dies due to medical malpractice, it gives rise to a wrongful death lawsuit.
Types of Grand Rapids Medical Malpractice Cases
There are many types of medical malpractice cases, including:
- Birth injuries
- Cerebral palsy
- Surgery errors
- Operating room mistakes
- Anesthesia mistakes
- Emergency room errors
- Radiology errors & misread x-rays
- Nursing negligence
- Patient Falls
- Medication mistakes
- Hospital infections
- Failure to Diagnose
- Nursing home abuse & neglect
- Wrongful death
Grand Rapids Area Hospitals and Medical Centers
Medical malpractice often occurs at a hospital. This includes improper treatment, misdiagnosis, surgery mistakes, failure to diagnose, and failure to order necessary medical testing before discharging a patient home. When a doctor or nurse at a hospital is negligent in their medical care of the patient, the hospital may be liable to the patient for any injuries caused.
In Grand Rapids and in the surrounding Grand Rapids area, the largest community hospitals include:
- Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Helen DeVos Childrens Hospital, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Forest View Hospital, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Metro Health Hospital, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Saint Mary's Health Care, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Spectrum Health-Butterwroth, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Spectrum Health-Blodgett, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Spectrum Health-Kent Community Campus, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Compensation In Grand Rapids Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
Medical malpractice lawsuit settlements include compensation paid for both economic and non-economic losses. Non-economic claims include payment for the pain and suffering caused by the medical negligence.
Medical negligence lawsuits that involve the death of the patient, further non-economic damages can be sought. These include compensation for loss of emotional support, comfort, companionship, society, moral support, and consortium. In the case of death, we will pursue a wrongful death lawsuit on your family's behalf.
Compensation is also owed to the family for ecomonic losses caused by the medical negligence. These include loss of earnings, loss of financial support and loss of work benefits (health insurance, pension). These claims all will contribute to the final settlement amount of the lawsuit.
Get Our Free Medical Malpractice Book
To learn more about the laws in Michigan medical malpractice cases, you should request our FREE BOOK, "The Ultimate Michigan Medical Malpractice Handbook." It sells for $14.95 on Amazon, but we will send it out to you immediately for free.
Who are the Best Rated Grand Rapids Area Medical Malpractice Lawyers?
Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. and our lawyers have won the top awards in the legal profession, including:
- U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms
- "Best Michigan Personal Injury Attorney" by American Lawyer Academy
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Michigan
- Honored as "Super Lawyers"
- Top Martindale-Hubbell Rating (AV) for Skill & Integrity
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Our No Fee Promise on Grand Rapids Medical Malpractice Cases
Don't be concerned about the money you might need to hire a lawyer. You can afford to have the best medical malpractice law firm on your side without paying a penny out of your pocket. It literally costs nothing to get started and if your medical malpractice case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
Start Your Grand Rapids Medical Malpractice Claim Today
There are three ways to get started on your medical malpractice case today to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. A medical malpractice attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call (800) 606-1717 any time of day to speak with an injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There is a strict time deadline for filing Grand Rapids medical malpractice lawsuits. Call us today to learn more about Grand Rapids medical malpractice laws.
Grand Rapids Resources
- Grand Rapids District Court
- Kent County Circuit Court
- Grand Rapids Police Department
- Grand Rapids Wiki Page
Searching for a "Lawyer Near Me?" We handle medical malpractice cases in Cedar Springs, East Grand Rapids, Grand Rapids, Grandville, Kentwood, Lowell, Rockford, Walker, Wyoming, Ada Township, Algoma Township, Alpine Township, Bowne Township, Byron Township, Caledonia Charter Township, Cannon Township, Cascade Charter Township, Courtland Township, Gaines Charter Township, Grand Rapids Charter Township, Grattan Township, Lowell Charter Township, Nelson Township, Oakfield Township, Plainfield Charter Township, Solon Township, Sparta Township, Spencer Township, Tyrone Township, Vergennes Township, and all other cities and townships in Kent County, Michigan.