Our Detroit nursing home abuse lawyers represent nursing home residents and their families in lawsuits against nursing homes and residential care facilities. There are strict laws and regulations to protect the safety and welfare of these residents. Unfortunately, nursing home patients do not always receive appropriate care and the results can be severe and are often deadly.
When an elderly person moves into a nursing home, the family places a tremendous amount of trust in the facility and its staff. If the patient is injured or dies due to improper treatment and neglect, that person or his or her family should explore taking action against the facility.
Causes of Detroit Nursing Home Abuse
Our expert attorneys pursue cases for many different causes of nursing home abuse and neglect. These include:
- Failure to turn or move immobile patients
- Failure to bathe patients
- Failure to supervise patients in baths and showers
- Failure to monitor nutrition and hydration/malnutrition
- Failure to use bed rails
- Verbal abuse of residents
- Failure to supervise patients
- Failure to train staff properly
- Patients wandering away from the facility
- Reduced staff-patient ratios
Detroit Nursing Home & Assisted Living Facilities
There are a number of skilled nursing care and assisted living facilities in the City of Detroit. These include, but are not limited to the following:
Alpha Manor Nursing Home
|Law-Den Nursing Home
1640 Webb Street
Detroit, MI 48206
|Beaconshire Nursing Center
21630 Hessel Avenue
Detroit, MI 48219
Boulevard Temple Retirement Co
|Cranbrook Geriatric Village
5000 East 7 Mile Road
Detroit, MI 48234
Elmwood Geriatric Village
1881 East Grand Blvd.
Detroit, MI 48211
Fairlane Senior Care And Rehab Center
Hartford Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
Detroit Nursing Home Abuse Symptoms
At the law firm of Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C., we recommend that families be alert to these signs of nursing home abuse:
- Medication Errors
- Pressure sores and bed sores
- Infections, including gangrene
- Unexplained falls resulting in broken bones
- Fractures (frequently hips)
- Debicutus Ulcers
- Withdrawal, failure to speak, or
- Unusual fears
- Residents wandering away from the facility
Legal Rights After A Detroit Nursing Home Abuse Injury
Patients and their families can file civil lawsuits seeking money compensation for the injuries suffered due to nursing home neglect and abuse. In situations in which a patient dies due to the negligence of the facility, the family can file a Michigan wrongful death claim for the loss of their loved one.
Free Michigan Nursing Home Injury Book
If you would like more information about your legal rights after a Michigan nursing home or assisted living injury, you can order our FREE book, "The Michigan Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Handbook," by top-rated Michigan assisted living injury lawyer Lawrence J. Buckfire. The book is an insider's report on assisted living neglect claims and includes why most assisted living injuries are never reported or discovered. Our book sells for $14.95 on Amazon but Lawrence will send it to you for FREE!
Who are the Best Rated Detroit Area Nursing Home Injury Lawyers?
Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. and our lawyers have won the top awards in the legal profession, including:
- U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms
- "Best Michigan Personal Injury Attorney" by American Lawyer Academy
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Michigan
- Honored as "Super Lawyers"
- Top Martindale-Hubbell Rating (AV) for Skill & Integrity
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Our No Fee Promise on Detroit Nursing Home Abuse Cases
Don't be concerned about the money you might need to hire a lawyer. You can afford to have the best nursing home injury law firm on your side without paying a penny out of your pocket. It literally costs nothing to get started and if your nursing home injury case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
Start Your Detroit Nursing Home Abuse Claim Today
There are three ways to get started on your nursing home injury case today to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. A nursing home injury attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call (800) 606-1717 any time of day to speak with an injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There is a strict time deadline for filing Detroit nursing home abuse lawsuits. Call us today to learn more about Detroit nursing home laws.
Searching for a "Lawyer Near Me?" We handle nursing home neglect & abuse cases in Allen Park, Belleville, Dearborn Heights, Dearborn, Detroit, Ecorse, Flat Rock, Garden City, Gibraltar, Grosse Pointe, Grosse Pointe Farms, Grosse Pointe Park, Grosse Pointe Shores, Grosse Pointe Woods, Hamtramck, Harper Woods, Highland Park, Inkster, Lincoln Park, Livonia, Melvindale, Northville, Plymouth, River Rouge, Riverview, Rockwood, Romulus, Southgate, Taylor, Trenton, Wayne, Westland, Woodhaven, Wyandotte, Brownstown Charter Township, Canton Charter Township, Grosse Ile Township, Huron Charter Township, Northville Charter Township, Plymouth Charter Township, Redford Charter Township, Sumpter Township, Van Buren Charter Township, and all other cities and townships in Wayne County, Michigan.