Our Detroit medical malpractice lawyers handle medical malpractice cases against doctors, clinics, urgent care centers, nursing homes, pharmacies, and hospitals for medical errors and medical malpractice that cause injuries or death to the patient. When a patient dies due to medical malpractice, it gives rise to a wrongful death lawsuit.
Types of Detroit Medical Malpractice Cases
There are many types of medical malpractice cases, including:
- Birth injuries
- Cerebral palsy
- Surgery errors
- Operating room mistakes
- Anesthesia mistakes
- Emergency room errors
- Radiology errors & misread x-rays
- Nursing negligence
- Patient Falls
- Medication mistakes
- Hospital infections
- Failure to Diagnose
- Nursing home abuse & neglect
- Wrongful death
Detroit Area Hospitals and Medical Centers
Medical malpractice often occurs at a hospital. This includes improper treatment, misdiagnosis, surgery mistakes, failure to diagnose, and failure to order necessary medical testing before discharging a patient home. When a doctor or nurse at a hospital is negligent in their medical care of the patient, the hospital may be liable to the patient for any injuries caused.
In Detroit and in the surrounding Metropolitan Detroit area, the largest community hospitals include:
- Detroit Medical Center, Detroit, Michigan
- Children's Hospital of Michigan, Detroit, Michigan
- Detroit Receiving Hospital & University Health Center, Detroit, Michigan
- Harper/Hutzel Hospital, Detroit, Michigan
- Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan
- Sinai Grace Hospital, Detroit, Michigan
- Karmanos Cancer Insititute, Detroit, Michigan
- Kresge Eye Institute, Detroit, Michigan
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital, Wyandotte, Michigan
- Kindred Hospital, Lincoln Park, Michigan
- St. Mary Mercy Hospital, Livonia, Michigan
- Oakwood Heritage Hospital, Taylor, Michigan
- Oakwood Southshore Medical Center, Trenton, Michigan
- Oakwood Annapolis Hospital, Wayne Michigan
- Oakwood Hospital and Medical Center, Dearborn, Michigan
- Garden City Hospital, Garden City, Michigan
- Henry Ford Cottage Hospital, Grosse Pointe, Michigan
- Beaumont Hospital, Grosse Pointe, Michigan
- Riverside Osteopathic Hospital, Trenton, Michigan
- Specialty Select Hospital, Wyandotte, Michigan
Compensation In Detroit Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
Medical malpractice lawsuit settlements include compensation paid for both economic and non-economic losses. Non-economic claims include payment for the pain and suffering caused by the medical negligence.
Medical negligence lawsuits that involve the death of the patient, further non-economic damages can be sought. These include compensation for loss of emotional support, comfort, companionship, society, moral support, and consortium. In the case of death, we will pursue a wrongful death lawsuit on your family's behalf.
Compensation is also owed to the family for ecomonic losses caused by the medical negligence. These include loss of earnings, loss of financial support and loss of work benefits (health insurance, pension). These claims all will contribute to the final settlement amount of the lawsuit.
Get Our Free Medical Malpractice Book
To learn more about the laws in Michigan medical malpractice cases, you should request our FREE BOOK, "The Ultimate Michigan Medical Malpractice Handbook." It sells for $14.95 on Amazon, but we will send it out to you immediately for free.
Who are the Best Rated Detroit Area Medical Malpractice Lawyers?
Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. and our lawyers have won the top awards in the legal profession, including:
- U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms
- "Best Michigan Personal Injury Attorney" by American Lawyer Academy
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Michigan
- Honored as "Super Lawyers"
- Top Martindale-Hubbell Rating (AV) for Skill & Integrity
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Our No Fee Promise on Detroit Medical Malpractice Cases
Don't be concerned about the money you might need to hire a lawyer. You can afford to have the best medical malpractice law firm on your side without paying a penny out of your pocket. It literally costs nothing to get started and if your medical malpractice case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
Start Your Detroit Medical Malpractice Claim Today
There are three ways to get started on your medical malpractice case today to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. A medical malpractice attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call (800) 606-1717 any time of day to speak with an injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There is a strict time deadline for filing Detroit medical malpractice lawsuits. Call us today to learn more about Detroit medical malpractice laws.
Searching for a "Lawyer Near Me?" We handle medical malpractice cases in Allen Park, Belleville, Dearborn Heights, Dearborn, Detroit, Ecorse, Flat Rock, Garden City, Gibraltar, Grosse Pointe, Grosse Pointe Farms, Grosse Pointe Park, Grosse Pointe Shores, Grosse Pointe Woods, Hamtramck, Harper Woods, Highland Park, Inkster, Lincoln Park, Livonia, Melvindale, Northville, Plymouth, River Rouge, Riverview, Rockwood, Romulus, Southgate, Taylor, Trenton, Wayne, Westland, Woodhaven, Wyandotte, Brownstown Charter Township, Canton Charter Township, Grosse Ile Township, Huron Charter Township, Northville Charter Township, Plymouth Charter Township, Redford Charter Township, Sumpter Township, Van Buren Charter Township, and all other cities and townships in Wayne County, Michigan.