Our Clarkston Specialty Healthcare nursing home abuse lawyers represent nursing home residents and their families in lawsuits against nursing homes and residential care facilities. There are strict laws and regulations to protect the safety and welfare of these residents. Unfortunately, nursing home patients do not always receive appropriate care and the results can be severe and are often deadly.
When an elderly person moves into a nursing home, the family places a tremendous amount of trust in the facility and its staff. If the patient is injured or dies due to improper treatment and neglect, that person or his or her family should explore taking action against the facility.
Causes of Clarkston Specialty Healthcare Abuse
Our expert attorneys pursue cases for many different causes of nursing home abuse and neglect. These include:
- Failure to turn or move immobile patients
- Failure to bathe patients
- Failure to supervise patients in baths and showers
- Failure to monitor nutrition and hydration/malnutrition
- Failure to use bed rails
- Verbal abuse of residents
- Failure to supervise patients
- Failure to train staff properly
- Patients wandering away from the facility
- Reduced staff-patient ratios
Clarkston Specialty Healthcare Center provides services such as: a ventilator unit, long-term care, rehabilitation/skilled nursing, wound care, therapies, hospice, and social work. This healthcare center also provides a number of activities including: games, Red Hat, men’s club, relaxation therapy, beauty boutique, movies, spiritual activities, live entertainment, and field trips outside the facility.
Violations against Clarkston Specialty Healthcare Center include:
- A resident was at risk of elopement – The bed alarm and wheelchair sensors were found to be not working. The resident was located in the evening in the parking lot “trying to go home.” In addition, 12 other residents who were an elopement risk were placed in serious harm by the disappearance of the missing patient mentioned above.
- A resident fell and hit her head and was bleeding – it took 20 minutes for staff to respond when the resident’s roommate pushed the call light.
Clarkston Specialty Healthcare Abuse Symptoms
The Clarkston Specialty Healthcare abuse lawyers at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C., recommend that families be alert to these signs of nursing home abuse:
- Medication Errors
- Pressure sores and bed sores
- Infections, including gangrene
- Unexplained falls resulting in broken bones
- Fractures (frequently hips)
- Debicutus Ulcers
- Withdrawal, failure to speak, or
- Unusual fears
- Residents wandering away from the facility
Legal Rights After A Clarkston Specialty Healthcare Abuse Injury
Patients and their families can file civil claims seeking money compensation for the injuries suffered due to nursing home neglect and abuse. In situations in which a patient dies due to the negligence of the facility, the family can file a Michigan Wrongful Death Claim for the loss of their loved one.
FREE Michigan Nursing Home Abuse Book
If you would like more information about your legal rights after Michigan nursing home abuse or neglect, you can order our FREE book, "The Michigan Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Handbook," by top-rated Michigan lawyer Lawrence J. Buckfire. The book is an insider's report on nursing home abuse claims and includes why most nursing home injuries are never reported or discovered. Our book sells for $14.95 on Amazon but Lawrence will send it to you for FREE!
Statute of Limitations For Michigan Nursing Home Abuse Lawsuits
The statute of limitations for nursing home abuse varies from state to state. There are strict limitations for filing a nursing home abuse lawsuit. If you miss a deadline, your claim will be lost forever. To avoid these severe consequences, you should contact the Michigan nursing home abuse lawyers at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. immediately. Our lawyers will start working on your case immediately, reviewing your entire medical chart to gather evidence necessary to prove and win your case.
Contact Our Clarkston Specialty Healthcare Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been suffered from Monroe nursing home abuse or neglect, you may be eligible to file a lawsuit against the care facility. Call us at (800) 606-1717 to speak with a top rated lawyer. We will listen to your story and inform you of your best course of action. We represent all clients under our No Fee Promise, which means you will not pay anything unless we are able to obtain a settlement or jury verdict. There is nothing to lose so call today!