Our Michigan car accident lawyers represent victims of all types of motor vehicle accidents throughout the State of Michigan. The cases include car accidents, auto accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian and bicycle accidents. We also represent victims of hit and run accidents.
Traffic Accident Reports for Car Accidents
For every car accident case, it is necessary to obtain a copy of the traffic accident report prepared by the police officer or sheriff's department that investigated the accident. These reports contain important information about the auto accident, including:
- Identities of the drivers of the vehicles in the car accident
- Passengers in the cars in the car accident
- Owners of the vehicles involved in the auto accident
- Insurance companies for everyone involved in the car accident
- Names of eyewitnesses to the car accident
- Precise location of the car accident
- Weather conditions at the time of the car accident
- Lighting conditions at the time of the car accident
- Damage to the vehicles caused by the car accident
- Whether vehicle occupants were wearing seat belts at the time of the auto accident
- Whether air bags deployed at the time of the accident
- Injuries suffered by everyone involved in the car accident
The investigating officer often makes a determination as to who was at fault in the accident and issues traffic citations to the at fault drivers. In cases involving fatal car accidents, a thorough investigation is made and accident reconstruction experts are often called in to take photographs, measurements, and to inspect the vehicles.
Where To Get Your Car Accident Report
Traffic accident reports can be obtained by contacting the police department or can be ordered online. To obtain your car accident report from one of the below cities, just click on the link for directions.
Your Rights After a Car Accident
You do have legal rights after a Michigan car accident. You may be entitled to Michigan No-Fault Insurance benefits, including, medical expenses, lost wages, attendant care services, and other benefits. You may also have a claim against the negligent driver for your injuries suffered in the accident. There are strict time limits for filing claims so it is important for you to contact an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible after the accident.
Contact a Michigan Car Accident Lawyer
For more information about your rights after a car accident, call us at (800) 606-1717 to speak with an experienced car accident lawyer or simply submit this contact form and someone will call you shortly. We will represent you under our NO FEE PROMISE, which means we do not charge any legal fees or costs unless we get you a settlement.
We represent clients injured in car accidents motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, truck accidents, moped accidents, pedestrian accidents, bus accidents, ATV accidents, ORV accidents, and hit and run accidents