Our award winning Michigan auto accident attorneys can help you get the highest possible car accident settlement. We use our skill and experience to win you the maximum possible settlement for your case. While other law firms may try to get quick and easy settlements, we recognize that a fast payday is not always in your best interest.
A car accident can completely change your life. Lawyers who push for quick settlements are often looking out for their own interest instead of the best interests of their clients. You need a lawyer on your side who understands how your life has been impacted and one that will work hard to get you the best settlement to compensate you for your injuries.
Our law firm regularly wins amongst the highest car accident settlements in Michigan. Put us to work for you!
What Factors Determine Car Accident Settlements in Michigan?
There are many factors that are used to determine the amount a car accident settlement in Michigan. Every car accident case has its own unique set of facts and circumstances and no honest attorney can tell you the value of your case without a careful analysis of the facts of your accident. Here are some of the factors that are considered when determining car accident settlements in Michigan. Keep in mind that this is not a complete list, as each individual case will come with its own set of unique circumstances.
- Who was at fault for your car accident in Michigan?
- How serious were the injuries from your Michigan car accident?
- What type of medical treatment did you receive for your injuries from the accident?
- Did you miss time from work due to the accident?
- What type of auto insurance did you have at the time of the Michigan car accident?
- What type of auto insurance did the negligent driver have at the time of the accident?
- Did the owner of the car involved in the car accident have an insurance policy?
- What city and county did the accident occur in?
- Who is the car accident lawyer representing you in your case?
Do I Need a Lawyer to Settle my Auto Accident Case?
No. You can try to settle your case without using a lawyer. However, research shows that accident victims receive up to three times or more in settlement awards when they are represented by an attorney. When there is no attorney involved, the insurance adjuster will simply lowball the victim into a smaller settlement.
It is best to have an experienced lawyer on your side to protect your interests and win you the highest settlement. When you choose our law firm for you case, we will:
- Fully investigate the accident and interview witnesses to prove you were not at fault for the accident.
- Get all of your hospital and medical records.
- Deal directly with the insurance adjustor for the negligent driver.
- Investigate all possible insurance policies to maximize your settlement award. There may be more than one insurance policy to pay your settlement and the insurance adjuster may not tell you about other policies. As a result, you may only receive a small fraction of what you are actually entitled to in a settlement.
- Assist you with filing all of your No-Fault Insurance claims for payment of medical expenses, lost wages, and other benefits.
- Follow up with the insurance adjuster to make sure that you are getting paid all over your No-Fault benefits.
- Make sure that you are not giving up any important rights to benefits when you sign a settlement release.
Why Should I Call a Car Accident Lawyer Today?
If your motor vehicle accident was today or at anytime in the past, it is smart to call an experienced car accident lawyer now. There are strict time deadlines for filing insurance and personal injury claims. If you miss a deadline, your case will be destroyed forever and you will give up your rights to a settlement in the future.
Your insurance company might also be underpaying your no-fault benefits and you may not even know. If you are unsure about hiring a lawyer, you can call us to just learn more about your rights and the important time deadlines. There is absolutely no cost or obligation to speak with one of our experienced attorneys.
How do I Determine the Amount of my Accident Settlement?
There is no calculator or written schedule to determine the proper settlement amount for an auto accident case. Factors used to determine the amount of a settlement include the seriousness and permanency of the injuries and the effect of the injuries on the injured person's life. Other factors include the type of length of medical treatment, the amount of lost income, and the insurance policy coverage available for the accident, such as the policy limits for the negligent driver and whether other types of coverage, like uninsured motorist or underinsured motorist coverage existed at the time of the accident.
Our accident injury attorneys rely on our significant skill and experience to win our clients the highest possible settlements. We settle 97% of our cases for the maximum amount before ever going to court. Insurance companies and their lawyers know our reputation for winning cases at trial and expect to pay our clients higher settlements than they pay to other law firms. This is one reason why we routinely get our clients higher settlements than most Michigan law firms.
How Much Are Michigan Car Accident Settlements?
Our expert car accident lawyers have won top settlements and jury verdicts for our clients. Below are examples of auto injury cases handled by our law firm.
- $1,800,000 Settlement for a Lansing area woman who suffered a brain injury in an accident on I-96.
- $1,375,000 Settlement for a woman who suffered spinal cord injury in a Detroit car accident that caused paralysis.
- $1,000,000 Judgment against a negligent driver for hitting a bicyclist in a Detroit suburb.
- $ 900,000 Settlement in an Eaton County, Michigan wrongful death settlement
- $ 950,000 Settlement in St. Clair County for a woman who suffered serious injuries in a car accident.
- $ 700,000 Settlement for an I-94 auto accident near Ann Arbor
- $ 525,000 Settlement for a Detroit man who suffered a fractured pelvis from in a highway shoulder accident.
Examples of Other Settlements for Auto Accidents in Michigan
- $22,000,000 auto accident jury verdict in Wayne County, Michigan against a trucking company.
- $15,000,000 auto negligence settlement. A passenger of slow-moving farm equipment was injured when another motor vehicle rear-ended it. The passenger became a quadriplegic and suffered spinal cord injuries, closed-head injuries, and seizures.
- $7,000,000 fatal car accident settlement. A passenger was killed in an Oakland County car accident due to the negligence of the at-fault driver.
- $6,872,931 jury verdict. A passenger was injured in a Dearborn car accident when it was rear ended by another vehicle. The passenger suffered post-concussive syndrome, rotator cuff tears, and a cervical disc herniation which required surgery.
- $5,000,000 auto negligence settlement. A passenger was injured in an Interstate 475 collision when a semi-truck drove through the median and struck the passenger head-on. The passenger suffered from major orthopedic, brain, and internal injuries.
- $2,325,000 auto crash jury verdict. Two passengers were injured in a car accident when a propane trailer struck their vehicle. The passengers suffered from traumatic brain injury, foot fractures, and pelvic fractures requiring a hip replacement.
- $1,750,000 settlement in an auto accident lawsuit. A passenger was injured when the driver of a pickup truck ran a stop sign and turned left into oncoming traffic. The passenger suffered from a fractured spine and ribs.
- $1,500,000 third-party Macomb County auto accident settlementThe passenger suffered extensive injuries and long-term disability.
- $1,000,000 auto injuury settlement. A truck driver was injured in a T-bone auto accident by another driver and suffered permanently disabling injuries, including a disc herniation which required surgery.
Who are the Best Rated Michigan Car Accident Lawyers?
Our legal team includes the most successful car accident attorneys in Michigan. Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. and our lawyers have won the top awards in the legal profession, including:
- U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms
- Named "Best Lawyers in America"
- "Best Michigan Personal Injury Attorney" by American Lawyer Academy
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Michigan
- Honored as "Super Lawyers"
- Top Martindale-Hubbell Rating (AV) for Skill & Integrity
- Member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Our No Fee Promise on Michigan Car Accident Cases
You can afford to have the best car accident law firm on your side without paying a penny out of your pocket. It literally costs nothing to get started and if your auto accident case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
Start Your Michigan Car Accident Claim
There are three ways to get started on your car accident case today to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. An auto accident attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call (888) 797-8787 any time of day to speak with an injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan car accident lawsuits. Call us today to learn more about the Michigan auto accident laws.