The bicycle accident lawyers in Michigan at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. have achieved excellent results for clients injured in Michigan bicycle accidents. We represent all types of bicycle injury accidents such as a bicyclist being hit by a car on a street or parking lot, or even crossing a crosswalk. Bicyclists who are injured in Michigan car accidents have legal rights even if the car that struck them was not insured.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2008 Michigan had 25 bicyclist fatalities, however bicyclist accidents only accounted for 2 percent of all traffic fatalities throughout the year. Wearing a helmet can substantially decrease the amount of fatalities that result from injuries of bicycle accidents by 85 percent.
Bicyclist Checklist to Prevent Michigan Bicycle Accidents
According to the League of Michigan Bicyclists, these are things you should do before you ride your bike:
- Check Your Air (insure proper tire pressure, and check for damage to tread and sidewall).
- Check Your Brakes (inspect for wear and tear, check pad adjustment, check brake lever with the brake applied, you need at least 1” between the lever and handlebar).
- Check Your Cranks, Chain and Cassette (Make sure crank bolts are tight; lube only the threads, nothing else. Check chain for wear; 12 links should measure no more than 12 1⁄8 inches long. If chain skips on freewheel or cassette, you may need an adjustment or new chain and freewheel/cassette).
- Check Quick Releases (Wheel hubs need to be tight in the bike frame; your hub quick release should engage at 90°. Hub quick releases should point to the back of the bike to ensure they don’t catch on anything. Inspect brake quick releases to ensure that brake cables have been re-engaged).
- Check it over- (Take a quick ride to ensure that everything is working properly).
Statute of Limitations for Filing a Lawsuit after a Bicycle Accident in Michigan
There are very strict time limits when dealing with this type of claim. If you were hit on a bike by a car in Michigan, we strongly advise you to contact one of our expert Michigan bicycle accident injury lawyers immediately
Our No Fee Promise For Michigan Bicycle Accident Cases
We will represent you in your Michigan bike accident case under our NO FEE PROMISE. This means that you will not be charged any legal fees whatsoever unless we obtain a settlement or recovery for you. You have absolutely no obligation for legal fees unless we win your case. If we do not obtain a settlement for you, you owe us nothing!
Contact a Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Michigan
Our bicycle accident lawyers in Michigan have successfully represented injured bicycles in car, motorcycle, or truck accident for over 40 years. We have earned the highest possible rating in the legal profession for integrity and professionalism and have significant experience in these type of cases.
For more information regarding your rights after a Michigan bicycle accident, call our office now at (800) 606-1717 to speak with one of our top rated bicycle accident lawyers about your case or simply fill out the Get Help Now box to the right of this page and “Click to Send.” We will be in contact with you shortly.